I currently work for Advent Air in Lewisville. Our service area is most of DFW. We are actually in need of two technitians currenty. My service manager is satisfied with someone that shows up and has the ability to learn, but if you have several years on the job that is a major plus. If you are only farmiliar with residential service, that is ok. We are looking for one good residential guy, and a commercial guy (although you will have to do residential also). The company is good to work for and pays pretty well. Full benifits and all of that stuff. Please call or come in and apply. Ask for Jason or Bob. Phone number is 972-221-437; Adventair.com
    We do drug test and have background checks, so If this is a problem, no need to apply. You can tell them that you saw a post from Blake stating that we are looking for techs.

I was hired there for the commercial tech a few years back. Wonder if I could get that spot back. : ) Only had it for 1.5 months before I screwed that spot up. Lol

How are things going there Blake. Looks like it must be going pretty well. I email Bob on occasion but haven't heard back from him since last August.

Out of curiosity, what kind of $/hr range would "pays pretty well" be for a skilled tech with 13 years of residential and light commercial experience?
    If more government is the answer, then it's a really stupid question.

I like where I am at but it realy is a good place with people who are definitely team oriented as well as very helpful. When I went to work there a few years back I thought I was doing pretty well on technical knowledge and they were definitely able to introduce me to things I hadn't realy thought of before but things along the lines of what you are doing now Mark like static pressure and duct work sizing and so forth. I don't know how it has been since I left but from what I hear it is still a very wonderful place. If you are truly interested Mark I would say get a $/hour amount that you are targeting and give them a call. It never hurts to ask and if you can identify yourself as one of those special people out there which I knew Blake was when I hired him and I know you are then you will be worth what you are asking and more.

Take care and God bless.

Good to hear from you Bredain. How are things in your world? Yeah its still pretty cool to work at Advent. Things are starting to improve dramatically. Retrofit is really starting to put out better work. The current manager for retro is pretty picky about installs, which really helps. New construction is also implementing better duct designs. This will make my life so much easier. Im sure if you wanted to come back and be a technitian we all would be happy with that.

Well that is great news to hear there about the manager and the engineering department. Is the manager the same one from last August? I heard he was pretty good and it sounds like he is doing well. I emailed Bob today briefly but nothing about coming back. I miss you guys a ton and all but don't know if I am ready to get back into a truck although if I did Advent would be my first choice. Things are going well here where I am although boring at times it is teaching me some things I wouldnt get exposure to other wise. The time this year is coming for me to move just not yet. There is a great possibility here that is right up my ally and has a ton of things I like to specialize in but if I am lucky that spot will open in August else it may be Jan 07. The wait is frustrating sorta but it is kinda like just doing easy work and getting paid to do it. I miss the challenges but hey i got plenty of years ahead of me for challenges : ) Gotta take it easy some time.

Yeah man its the same manager from last august. I cant say I blame you for not wanting to get back in a service vehicle. I do love what I do, but the attics are killer. I am just trying to put my time in, but one day I will want to do something like what you are currently doing (not for a while though). I never want to get out of the field completely, but there are too many good manufacturers around here that need good help. There is always a possibility of trying to open my own bussiness one day, but that involves a lot of risk.

Hmm

I think I might of applied at Advent before, but that was back when I had 0 experience. Since then ive had a general maintenance job for quite a while and have learned a great deal about AC and everything else under the sun.

Wonder if I should renew my resume with them now, or if Advent was even the company I applied at! hehe.. I just know it was in Lewisville.