Thread: infinity control question

Post Likes
    It's the time of year where wife has the ac on in the afternoon or night and never manually switches over to heat for the next brisk morning.

Was hoping it was more like climate control in a car where as the temperature could dictate whether the furnace or ac runs... Even our vision pro 8000 needs to be switched over, more times than not it's cold in the morning because the stat wasn't manually changed to heat.

Thank you

Post Likes
    what you are looking for is an auto-changeover thermostat. the vision pro can be programmed for this. you do not have an infinity control.

Post Likes
    The VP can be set up for auto changeover. Read your manual!

Post Likes
    I have no idea what you are trying to say. Do you have an Infinity control? If so, it has the capability to be auto change over.
    If all else fails....Try reading the directions!

Tell it like it is and let the chips fall where they may.

Any views or opinions stated here are strictly my own.

Office and warehouse in both Crystal River & New Port Richey ,FL
    Post Likes
    For the Infinity,push the red and blue,(heat and cool) buttons ,at the same time for auto-changeover.

Post Likes

getting the Infinity control in about 2 weeks

Sorry guys, let me better clarify.

Presently I have a VP8000 - which we had installed in January, since then I learned my old 80% tempstar has a bad heat exchanger and is in need of replacement.

I have been waiting for the new equipment - The infinity system to arrive (MVB furnace, Inf control and 17 seer infinity condenser - (the ac units were not in stock and have been in short supply) Was just contacted today to tell me it in stock! : )

So... The VP8000 is going and the infinity controller is coming. So my question was in referrence to the carrier Infinity control.

Is "auto-changeover" common? Do a lot of customers have this feature enabled or does it make things more complicated with everyday heating and cooling?

Thanks

Post Likes
    It is very common. And is not any trouble at all in fact you will be able to set your heat and cool setpionts and walk away. It does not bring any trouble infact it saves you the trouble from switch it from heat to cool.

Post Likes
    I have a VP 8000 series stat in my house enabled for auto-changeover. Not often it actually is called upon but one day late this unusually warm winter the morning started out in the forties and by afternoon it was ninety-five outside. Heat was on when I left in the morning and a/c was going like gangbusters when I got home. Nice to come home to a house already cool. A few days later a cold front blew through and the heat was on when needed.
    Psychrometrics: the very foundation of HVAC. A comfort troubleshooter's best friend.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in