Installation in November - new Trane heat pump & exchanger. First power bill in new home seemed high but was only a partial month. Got next bill - over $300 when thermostat on 68-called installation company but never was able to get assistance.

Heater not working properly recently--tech came out and found freon was low and system was not charged properly. he also said when they installed they should have put a air return downstairs (none was there) to ensure efficient heating of our home. The salesman said it was not necessary when we discussed this. Said if we wanted this later it was not a big deal, they'd install it free since we paid so much for the system. Tech said due to this missing register, our heat pump had to run on high to get it to heat the home enough, thus the increased cost. He planned to talk to owner and have someone call me to solve these problems.

Overnight it snowed...next day I come home to my gate broken, left open and huge footprints to my back yard - later was told by the company that the installer had returned without my knowledge. not sure what he did.

I have to depend on them to tell me what is wrong/right with the system/install. I'm getting the run around. How do I know if my system is running properly and how do I know how much wasted energy cost to go back and ask them to recoup this because of their error? How can I get all this fixed so my system is running properly from this point on?

thank you.