Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Coilcleaner, I am not going to respond to your posts anymore. Zw17, our vendor in Milwaukee that handled chillers recently closed their chiller division and an outfit in Chicago is now handling the chiller division. I was not able to get a response from tech support today. The oil return on this compressor is pumped from the condenser bundle back into the compressor. Currently I have the oil laying in the bottom of the condenser bundle. I have both the operation manual and the service/maintenance manual, and the only info that they give is adding additional oil to the system but nothing about removing/changing the oil.

Why not, Two heads are always better than one especially when working on very expensive chillers. I don't care what union your in and you think you are the shiznit, You obviously need a lead tech on the job with you. I am not the bad guy here just giving you a bit of advice.

Quote Originally Posted by spinning wheel View Post
    Why are you changing the oil. It is a mess to change all of the oil charge. This is not a cummins that you change at 5000 miles.
    I change my diesel oil at 7,500 miles. Makes AIR happy. LOL
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

Quote Originally Posted by markt601 View Post
    Can anyone tell me a procedure for draining the POE oil out of a carrier m/n 30hxc271nz-640ka chiller ? I have the refrigerant charge ( 134A ) isolated in the evap bundle. I have tried to pressurize the condenser bundle with nitrogen and drain the oil from a fitting on the oil pump suction line. I have only managed to remove about a gallon of oil. The spec says it holds 5 gallons. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
    Oh no sounds like you might have moved your oil to the evaporator. Is your oil level switch still closed?
    UA 100

It takes three people to do anything around here. Two do the work, one explains to the crowd of people who showed up when they seen smoke and flames.

I guess hwe ran off and called union rep.
    Hey that reminds me of a story, I used to work at Mcdonnell Douglas in Long Beach and they cought the Union Rep smoking weed in the parking lot, Needless to say they fired his butt. Just a funny story/.

The oil is in the evaporator , this will happing under part load . You don't need to change the oil, you sample was bad because Poe absorbs water, as soon as you take it out of the machine it's bad. change your driers and oil filter if you feel you need to. pull it into a deep vac, you'll be fine. You don't want to mess with the oil on these machines, it's a critical charge. That's why we don't give instructions on how to change it

Not a Carrier tech., but I was asked to change the oil against my advice. I was only able to remove 3.5 gal of the 5 gal charge from a small valve somewhere in the area of external oil filter. I pumped back in the exact same amount with an electric oil pump. Waste of time and a PITA. Study the oil system and you will see how it can be done. I'm with the-man on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by coilcleaner View Post
    I guess hwe ran off and called union rep.
    Hey that reminds me of a story, I used to work at Mcdonnell Douglas in Long Beach and they cought the Union Rep smoking weed in the parking lot, Needless to say they fired his butt. Just a funny story/.
    You must really want to get on the mods radar.

Why haven't you applied for pro membership?

After sleeping on this I think you are screwed. You should have never have introduced nitrogen into the condenser. I know you transferred the refrigerant to the cooler and isolated it. My fear is that with adding nitrogen you may inadvertently mix the two . Another issue you may have is trying to evacuate the nitrogen out of the oil .
    UA 100

Thanks guys for the info. It is good to see that most people treat this site with a level of professionalism. I hope I can help out in the future.

You must remember that this is an open forum. If your an experienced tech, thats fine but someone else with no experience can see this info also. They can cause a lot of damage or hurt themselves. Why don't you apply for professional status and we can talk about this in the closed forum.

Quote Originally Posted by markt601 View Post
    Thanks guys for the info. It is good to see that most people treat this site with a level of professionalism. I hope I can help out in the future.
    Yea I guess it was really bad advice to tell you to
    1. start with the changing the filters.
    2. WHAT WAS REASON TO CHANGE OIL IN FIRST PLACE.
    3. Get a second tech on the job with you because these systems are very expensive. Especially the screws.
    4. Get a senior tech because two heads are better than one.
    But I guess because of the fact that I am only a reg. guess {for personnal reasons} or you think I am not your equall or peer you decided to treat me like a pos. It's guys like you that make me want to lose my mind up in here up in here.
    I made a choice a long time ago not to be in the union beacuse of the politics thanks for Good luck I hope you don't have to buy that screw compressor.

Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    You must really want to get on the mods radar.

Why haven't you applied for pro membership?
    I am allready on mods radar I have two strikes one more and out.
    The thing I have learned is if I am honest and not to negative and don't call anyone out directly and try to contribute to the best of my ability, they are pretty understandable.
    I have not applied yet because i want to improve my attitude a little more if that is okaY.
    My attitude has improved but being under a bit of stress at my day job The world is pretty depressing for me right now but that is too much info for now.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast