Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Warm Weather NJ/Northeast

Hello all. Just wondering how these past few warm weeks are treating your business. Here in NJ things are slow and we are trying to find some filler work to pass the time. Too soon for spring maintenance as well, that typically starts in April for us. Well, just wondering how things are out there and I hope things aren't as bleak for all. Does anyone else want summer to start immediately?

Here outside Chicago it has sucked all winter! They just said it's the 4th warmest winter in a century. Sucks.
    I don't know about other folks but even in the best of times it is dead from Feb. to late May. Now add on this economy and warm winter.......

Crazy weather good for me.

yeah I'm up in Morris county it was really warm here today, this winters been real bad for heating calls! We haven't had much work mostly commercial applications but very few residential. Last summer was such a up and down summer too I'm hoping we have a good summer to carry us.

Morris County here as well. From "sources" I know, I hear that it's slow all over north jersey area so don't feel so bad if business is slow. Just hope for heat wave sooner than later...

What part of morris county?

Morris County haha... I see you work for Air Group..either your online all day at home (which means not working) or accessing this by phone (which means not too busy) but that means work must be realllly slow over there because thats a big company that does a lot of work in this area

Lol using tapatalk and I forget to shut down the software. I just started working there a few months ago and havent gone on the road yet just been working in the shop, but even for us its been abnormally slow this winter. we have work just alot of guys there isnt enough at the moment. I used to work.for another company in Rockaway over the summer.
    Last edited by rufus819; 03-08-2012 at 01:14 PM.

6 calls this month.

Glenn...telemarketers? haha..we'll see, the first heat wave will the phones ringing off the hook

81 degrees in Houston the other day. Got a little cold in late Nov and early Dec but we didnt really have a winter. We're still fairly busy with AC. I know a lot of guys that ran AC calls in Jan.
    The picture in my avatar is of the Houston Ship Channel and was taken from my backyard. I like to sit outside and slap mosquitos while watching countless supertankers, barges and cargo ships of every shape and size carry all sorts of deadly toxins to and fro. It's really beautiful at times.....just don't eat the three eyed fish....

`. .` .>(((>

`... `. .` .>(((>

.` .>(((>

LMAOSHMSFOAIDMT

Quote Originally Posted by ru1212 View Post
    Glenn...telemarketers? haha..we'll see, the first heat wave will the phones ringing off the hook
    No, calls I ran. Telemarketeers= about 50! Bad enough they call but when they call one of my older numbers I have to forward it cost ME a phone charge every time! It's counted as an outgoing call.

Quote Originally Posted by ru1212 View Post
    was your company so hot and cold last summer? the first company I worked for last late spring/early summer it was really slow until late june when it finally started getting really hot for a few weeks then we were running around like crazy those 2-3 weeks. After that the rest of the summer I did commercial and rooftop installs for another company and we had steady work all summer in the city and in bergen and hudson county.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast