Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

19xrv tripping on comp thrust brng temp exceeded

I have a model 02xrv446 lch64 comp tripping on thrust temp exceeded. Chiller has a drive and it will only run about a minute before tripping. No temp drops across liq line filter drier for oil cooler and VSD and motor cooling line that I can see, sight glass flashing til it starts to get up to speed then clears. Oil cooler txv gets up to a 8 delta t temp drop across it before it trips. Bad news is I believe I can see shiny particles in oil sight glass. Any need to verify thrust bearing temp sensor? I'm pretty / nope really cherry to the xr may need some insight. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is a secondary sensor for the thrust, but I would bet that you have a bad thrust. Swap sensor wires and run one more time depending on how many times you have already retried. Be careful as you may be close to hitting the wheel if you have not already done so. I would pull the suction ell and check the thrust.

Quote Originally Posted by spinning wheel View Post
    There is a secondary sensor for the thrust, but I would bet that you have a bad thrust. Swap sensor wires and run one more time depending on how many times you have already retried. Be careful as you may be close to hitting the wheel if you have not already done so. I would pull the suction ell and check the thrust.
    Ditto...
    Ain't "None" of us as smart as "All" of us..

Thanks men, I'll do just that.

I restarted it twice and it looks like the customer did twice also. Just dug up a old carrier disassm / reassm book I had to review tonight. I just don't remember that book have much info on the 19erv. I'll see later

There is no book on the XRV. It is just an XR compressor in freq drive clothing.

Ok as I'm setting here transferring refrigerant, what would be the equipment you would use size 5 - 19 xr with a 1360 # charge of 134a. To inspect your thrust bearing. ????

Frame 5? Do you mean once you have the suction elbow and guide vane assembly down? Not sure what you are asking here, are you talking rigging or measuring the thrust?

Sorry what would be the equipment you would use to transfer the charge to the condenser

High pressure transfer/recovery machine. Make sure to have flow.

Carrier makes a portable pump out that can also be permanantly mounted be on that chiller if the customer wants it. It is faster too.

Flow is what's killing me. Shop high pressure recovery is Inop. I'm stuck with the appion g5 twin is getting tested

Trying to push pull w/ 5/8" hose connected between bottom of cooler and bottom of condenser. 1/2" hoses to and from G5 Twin pulling off top of cond and pushing into top evap. Have most all air flow cut off to inlet of fan. Trying to keep it from recovery from condensing, but have some cooling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast