Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by AddMore22 View Post
    Oh, I am glad I read this one!!

I worked for a company .... For the sake of name dropping I'll call them ICJ..... Although my boss didnt own the company he sure acted like everything came out of his pocket ( understandable to have dedication... Make good boss). But .... Every job was in the red. ( and they wast 5-10k $$ jobs .... More like 300k-500k.). So after the 10th time hearing the same old song and dance I realize , if we are loosing this much money ... Corporate would pull the plug already ,.,,

I came to the realization that "Shinny shoes " people are just a budget booster .... Sure, you might wanna hear what they got to say... But take it with a grain of salt.... You know the truth ....
    Did they fire him?

Lol .. No.. He is still the "boss".

"Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together."

Quote Originally Posted by AddMore22 View Post
    Lol .. No.. He is still the "boss".
    I guess his shoes aren't the only thing he's shinning.

Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    Freemind, the problem with agricultural labor jobs is most are "exempt" from wage and hour restrictions regarding hours worked and overtime. I could be incorrect, but think that anyway. Rat hole some of each check and keep planning on something better, it'll work out in the end. Believe it or not, most of us all end of living the lives we want. Sadly some live lower "quality" lives than others because they simply made poor choices. Yeah, I know I sound like a "Dad", cause yes I'm one of those too and it pleases me greatly that my children all listened. (and are doing well!). Keep planning, working, and training and it'll work out.
    Seems its true. We do live the lives we want, in other words the lives we settle for.
    Have you ever heard it said that when you lose control of your car you should steer it into the direction you want to go.

Someone may be getting played like a fiddle.
    ENJOY THE RIDE

Orange County, in a Galaxy far far away...
    Freemind,

I've read and enjoyed many of your posts, in this case I feel you obviously work hard, take pride in what you do, what you've done for the company and feel unappreciated for the blood sweat and tears you've poured into another man's business.

The boss lying to you is just a fact of life, every small business owner I've worked for has always claimed poverty and scraping by etc. Yet new trucks, holidays, clothes, gadgets, (wife's botox & boob job) would tell otherwise.
    I personally believe none of us get what we are worth in this life, only what we negotiate...
    You cannot cheat an honest man. But that doesn't stop people trying!

Quote Originally Posted by Lightning_Boy View Post
    Freemind,

I've read and enjoyed many of your posts, in this case I feel you obviously work hard, take pride in what you do, what you've done for the company and feel unappreciated for the blood sweat and tears you've poured into another man's business.

The boss lying to you is just a fact of life, every small business owner I've worked for has always claimed poverty and scraping by etc. Yet new trucks, holidays, clothes, gadgets, (wife's botox & boob job) would tell otherwise.
    I personally believe none of us get what we are worth in this life, only what we negotiate...
    This is a very good post and I agree.

Except the boob job. It a necessity.
    Beware of advice given by some guy on the Internet.

What is holding you back?

That is the great thing about the USA, YOU who are so dissatisfied can go out and start your OWN COMPANY!!!! As good as you sound it should be real easy. It actually was for me. The problem is that in the USA a whooping 95% of ALL new businesses fail in the first 5 years. But if you invest YOUR TIME and YOUR MONEY, Maye you will be RICH like the greedy boss. I believe you concentrate on the wrong things at work and sound bitter. I would sure leave and quick. Go out there and get in business, buy the shop, trucks, tools , insurance, parts, advertising, office and bookkeeping, taxes, licensing, inventory, go open accounts at all supply houses and dealers, find employees and PAY them WELL. If you do all this you should do as good as the boss, maybe better, oh course it may take 10 or 20 YEARS to get there, some years when you make nothing or very little. Then hire some people and share your efforts with them, after all, they went to school for 2 years. They deserve more!WHEN YOU ARE YOUR OWN BOSS YOU CAN DO WHAT YOU WANT! IF YOU DON"T DO IT RIGHT YOU WILL HAVE NO WORKERS! THAT MEANS NO CUSTOMERS! THAT MEANS NO MONEY!

Just Can't Let This Go!

Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    Your boss lies to you.
    Say the conversation goes like this...

Boss and you are discussing your industry. It switches from industry, to your workplace. Boss tells you how the business USED to be so good, he as making more in bonuses than he made in labor (hourly). You comment "Boy, that sure would be nice." You didn't say it in a mean tone, nor being condecending.
    The boss, hearing this, says "You guys make more a year than I do."

Now, you being of average intellegence, can add two and two. You know how much a year you bring home, and what you can afford to buy and pay for with that.

You have personally witnessed the boss take THREE vacations that cost him no less than three thousand a wack. He bought a new truck, that totaled in more than 60K. He had a bunch of work done to his home. He JUST bought a new John Deere Gator XUV that runs well over 14K. On top of that, his wife doesn't work. No income whatsoever. Doesn't even do any work for the bosses business. Your wife however, does work adding into your household income.

You know for a fact the boss is FOS. Even IF he was borrowing all that money, it still has to be paid back. You know, on your income, there is NO WAY you could make HALF those payments, let alone all of them.

So, what would you as the employee do, if your boss tried feeding you a line of s***? He wasn't joking around or anything like that. Would you just nod and think thoughts to yourslef (like I did) or would you call him out on it?

Personally, I am getting real sick and tired of just nodding and knowing what a liar he is. This is but just one example of where I am lied to constantly.

Have I ever mentioned, I can't stand a liar?
    First of all I am sure you NEVER LIE, that being said, I would just walk in and tell the boss how big a liar he is. Tell him you are in charge of his life now and you are not happy with the way he spends HIS money. Tell him YOU alone are responsible for HIS success, you make ALL the money and he is stealing it from you. TELL HIM how much you want and threaten to leave him HIGH AND DRY if he doesn't give it to you. Tell him you work too hard too and he should help! TELL him if he ever lies to you again, he'll be sorry! Make him show YOU the books, after all, your entitled to see his private records, YOU DESERVE IT!! AFTER ALL, YOU WORK THERE!! IF ANYBODY LEAVES, IT SHOULD BE THE OWNER, RIGHT! LAZY SOB JUST SPENDS ALL YOUR MONEY! I WOULD BE UNHAPPY TOO!

it seems you got personal issues with your boss
    maybe it's time to look for another job bro

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by bruced View Post
    Wonk, wonk, wonk. Self agrandizing, silly rant. Add in some self centered boo-hooing.

Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    I need to learn how to do this . Put these smilies and pictures in my post. That s**t is funny.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

get together with your co-workers and go union its time you put some of that money in your pockets!!

Quote Originally Posted by coolestacman View Post
    get together with your co-workers and go union its time you put some of that money in your pockets!!
    Good Luck with that !!
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast