Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast
Results 27 to 39 of 122
  1. #27
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    9,441
    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    Thank you.

    John may not afford me the same, but, I don't care if he does or not. I would happily trade places with him.

    John may not be willing to walk in my shoes and have the same experiences I have had, but it is nice he can rush to judement anyway.

    HA

    This ain't our first rodeo now, is it?

    I've read dozens of your posts.....your feelings toward employers (specifically and in general) are pretty clear.

    We're all a bunch of lying crooks out to get the best of you.....

    As far as trading places.....you want what I have? Do what I do.....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

  2. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    HA

    This ain't our first rodeo now, is it?

    I've read dozens of your posts.....your feelings toward employers (specifically and in general) are pretty clear.

    We're all a bunch of lying crooks out to get the best of you.....

    As far as trading places.....you want what I have? Do what I do.....
    Likewise, if you want to tell me I am seeing things in way which they are NOT, walk a mile in my shoes.

    I see most everything the way YOU do John. I just happen to vigorusly disagree on a few points of employee treatment. So get over it already.

  3. #29
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by Peztoy View Post
    So people lie. Confronting them just takes up to much energy. And if you actually got them to say
    "your right. I'm a rotten sob liar. You got me."
    Well now what are going to do with that? Nothing.

    Generally, when a liar is called out, they tend to stop lying to you. They don't like the embarassment of being called out.

  4. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Woodbridge Twp, NJ
    Posts
    1,308
    No he doesn't

    Not for nothing, it seems like youre a little miffed about the partnership.

    Bottom line is, you dont like your boss, you feel youre being slighted? Leave! Go start your own thing, do whatever. If you're not going to do any of the above, then to put it bluntly, quit b1tchin!

    If you have your hand in the fire, complaining about being burnt, and you dont move your hand, you deserve the burn!
    Every customer you take for granted today will be someone else's tomorrow.

  5. #31
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    474
    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    Generally, when a liar is called out, they tend to stop lying to you. They don't like the embarassment of being called out.
    I don't know about that.
    Just like a leopard can't change its spots. A liar won't stop lying.
    A complainer will always complain.
    ENJOY THE RIDE

  6. #32
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Slacking off right now
    Posts
    7,546
    As an employee we have two choices about how a company is run about the owner of the company
    1 stay
    2 leave
    www.vetopropac.com - The best tool bags on the market - The offical tool bag of choice by techs everywhere

    Arguing with some people is like wrestling a pig - eventually you realise the pig actually enjoys it

    Gonads serve a useful purpose but are no substitute for brains

  7. #33
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    san pedro ca.
    Posts
    362
    The boss ought to keep his personnal income personnal and if he dosn't I would question motives.

  8. #34
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    1,350
    sounds like normal boss talk to me. I wouldn't get worked up about it. I used to hear the same things, and my friends hear it from their bosses, and so on. He may honestly believe he is telling the truth. I had a boss write on paper what he thought I made, package, what the van is worth, etc. I looked at him and laughed, I said if I was making this I wouldn't be asking for a raise.
    I STARTED WITH NOTHING, AND I STILL HAVE MOST OF IT!

  9. #35
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    354
    Personally, I couldn't care less what the boss makes. Why even discuss it?

  10. #36
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by allstar08 View Post
    sounds like normal boss talk to me. I wouldn't get worked up about it. I used to hear the same things, and my friends hear it from their bosses, and so on. He may honestly believe he is telling the truth. I had a boss write on paper what he thought I made, package, what the van is worth, etc. I looked at him and laughed, I said if I was making this I wouldn't be asking for a raise.
    Well, I wouldn't get worked up about it if it weren't always a subject of conversation with him. He is bringing it up once a month. I have to wonder, if he knows he should be paying me better, but uses the discussion as a way to "head it off at the pass".

    as far as compensation, he tries that too. He tries telling me that it costs him DOUBLE my hourly wage. He claimed taxes, UE insurance and workers comp made it double. Not true. We don't get ANY benefits what-so-ever so there is nothing to figure in there either.

    I know what value I bring to work everyday. I am not a dummy. It takes three people to replace me. I'm not joking or being a braggert. I am good at what I do.

  11. #37
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    south jersey
    Posts
    1,104
    What exactly do you do? Freemind no disrespect, but sounds to me you will never be happy at your present employment. I think it is time to move on. No benefits sounds like a bad situation. I guess it's hard when you have other people in your life to worry about. Hopefully times will get better and there will be more opportunities for you. Good luck.
    You need to put the phone down and get back to work!

  12. #38
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Sherman, TX
    Posts
    9,441
    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    I know what value I bring to work everyday. I am not a dummy. It takes three people to replace me. I'm not joking or being a braggert. I am good at what I do.
    Then you shouldn't have any trouble at all, finding alternate employment.

    Why stay someplace that makes you miserable? Unless you're into masochism?
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

  13. #39
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    What exactly do you do? Freemind no disrespect, but sounds to me you will never be happy at your present employment. I think it is time to move on. No benefits sounds like a bad situation. I guess it's hard when you have other people in your life to worry about. Hopefully times will get better and there will be more opportunities for you. Good luck.
    Currently, I work in AG. I raise steers for contracts to processing plants.

    I was happy once. For about the first three years. Liked what I did, and looked forward to coming to work everyday. Not so much anymore. The hurtles and challenges have went from occationally, to miserable everyday.

    I am hoping that school works to my favor, and I can get a decent job in HVAC this summer.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event