Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Huh?

I am sure every person that works for GM or Busch Beer or any company asks the owners of those companies how much the owner makes. They have absolutly NO obligation to discuss that with you or any employee, you have nothing invested in his business. I would look for a job where you get to see the books so you can DEMAND what you want. I would have fired you for even the question if you asked it. The GREEDY BOSS! Why don't you start your own company? I'm sure you'll make MILLIONS, like the boss!

The OP stated this was but one example of the lies told to him constantly. Some folks here seem to just read the part they would like to comment on. Not just this thread but several I have seen since coming here. Its not a strange thing, as it happens in every forum I have ever visited.

I think it would be good if we all read the threads posted here carefully before any comment. Then think it through before posting.

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    And there's a difference between "company" property and "personal" property.

They're only the same if the company is a sole proprietorship.
    And 'write offs' are from money spent, not income!

The obvious fact is that you do not respect your boss and it is affecting your attitude.

The old saying is that there is your story, his story, and the truth.

I don’t know maybe you work for a real unethical jerk and there is not hope, so you should move on.

So far all you have told us is what you perceive to be lies center around comparing how many toys he has to how many toys you have.

A few things that I wonder about
    Are you paid a fair amount based on experience and skills?
    Are you treated fairly?
    What else does he lie about, and how does that affect you or your job performance?
    Does he lie to the customer and ask you to do the same?
    How many other people work for this guy and does he treat you any differently than anyone else?

It would appear to me your choices are, challenge, adapt, or move on.

Quote Originally Posted by neophytes serendipity View Post
    Yup. And those vacations could be from buying $XXXX in equipment or some other supplier perk.
    Which is EXACTLY why I DO NOT, DO NOT, DO NOT, participate in dealer trips....I think it's a bad deal, for the guys to get out there and do a great job of selling and installing......and the I get to go to Hawaii, or Jamaica, or wherever.....
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Quote Originally Posted by bruced View Post
    I am sure every person that works for GM or Busch Beer or any company asks the owners of those companies how much the owner makes. They have absolutly NO obligation to discuss that with you or any employee, you have nothing invested in his business. I would look for a job where you get to see the books so you can DEMAND what you want. I would have fired you for even the question if you asked it. The GREEDY BOSS! Why don't you start your own company? I'm sure you'll make MILLIONS, like the boss!
    There's a good reason, why the #2 first-year business failure (behind restaurants) is the HVAC contractor......

Too many techs who think that "bossman is gettin' fat off my back"....jump out there with a truck and some tools......and soon enough, are broke, busted, and disgusted....

Quote Originally Posted by Tech it out View Post
    "Lied to constantly" is the phrase that did it for me. Freemind isn't just talking about his boss telling him what kind of money he makes. If I am reading between the lines like I think I am. I know several people like this that tell bs and lies all day long. Cant stand to be around them. It's the same as insulting my intelligence. Can shrug it off a couple of times a week but everyday, every time I see them? Cant handle it.
    Bingo!

The boss used to be in my position, YEARS ago. He didn't have the responsibilites I have, nor was he responsible for all the things I do now. When he made a mess, he cried for help and left it to the other guys to do the dirty work. This isn't MY version of what was really true, it is everyone else that has worked with him his whole time here. I have my own experience with him, but everyone else has seen it too.

Everytime we talk about something related to work, it's like he feels the need to B.S. me about EVERYTHING. Costs of operation for example. He tells me, "we pay X for this". Then a few weeks later, he shows me the reports and he is lying through his teeth. The proof is RIGHT THERE on his report!

It's just like the "toys", vaccations, and house work he has had done. They get paid for with the BUSINESS account, not his personal account. One of the other managers told me that, and I have also seen it on the operation reports.

Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    He might be half tellign the truth. But remember, his truck, the gator, a LOT of his expenses all get writtne off or are paid for directly by the company. SO his net profits might not be much more than your net pay. But he gets of all of us in tax breaks.

Were thsoe vacation schedule around the same time as a trade show or conference?

THe previous comment made before may also be correct His income may not be high, but his assets and new worth are far higher. He may not have a mortgage, car payment and again, gets lots of write offs.

But in the end, he is the one taking the risk associated wiht owning a business... and likely took a lot of risk when he bought or started it up.

Some people are cheap a**** too. His might be a guy that tips poorly, stays in cheap hotels, and things like that.

I know personally, once we get rid of one of our car paymetns and students loans, my wife and I will have all sorts of extra cash.

Keep in mind too, that his wife not working, means that he has essentially and extra dependant. How many kids does he have. If my wife didn't work, our tax bracket would drop. So really, she's only bringing home $0.50 on the dollar.

A LOT of things go into the equation.
    You were doing pretty good, until the area in bold.

He didn't invest jack. The owner of the company (the old grey one) has no kids interested in continuing the farm operation. So, he GAVE a partnership to my boss. Gave.

I am not jealous because he was gifted something. I am ticked because I work more hours, more days a year (almost 365 days a year, literally) and he can't seem to compensate me fairly. He isn't holding up his end of the bargain, and constantly lies to me. I don't care how much money he makes. I don't care if he has 100 brand new trucks. Good on him if he could.

Quote Originally Posted by bruced View Post
    I didn't ask. Read before you rant.

HE brought up the subject. If you would fire me for commenting on a subject YOU brought up, I would say you would be better off shutting up....

The OP stated this was but one example of the lies told to him constantly.
    But, who really cares? Some people spend all day spreading the manure.....just like the guys who brag about how much beer they drank last weekend, or how many girls they bagged in high school.

Methinks there's something more under the surface, than some occasional balderdash.....

I just try to give the people posting here the benefit of the doubt until it is obvious they don't deserve that consideration John.

I just try to give the people posting here the benefit of the doubt until it is obvious they don't deserve that consideration John.
    Thank you.

John may not afford me the same, but, I don't care if he does or not. I would happily trade places with him.

John may not be willing to walk in my shoes and have the same experiences I have had, but it is nice he can rush to judement anyway.

So people lie. Confronting them just takes up to much energy. And if you actually got them to say
    "your right. I'm a rotten sob liar. You got me."
    Well now what are going to do with that? Nothing.
    ENJOY THE RIDE

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast