+ Reply to Thread

Thread: American standard freedom 80

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Likes

American standard freedom 80

I have a 190 -30 limit switch to replace .. Does this switch activate the blower when the temp reaches 160 and when it exceeds 190degrees ??

Post Likes
    Not sure of that unit but unless its a dinosaur the limit switch doesnt activate the blower. Its a safety.

It will open at 190 and close at 160

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiles View Post
    I have a 190 -30 limit switch to replace .. Does this switch activate the blower when the temp reaches 160 and when it exceeds 190degrees ??
    It is a safety and at 190 will open the 24 volts to gas valve and auto reset when it reaches 160

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by jmiles View Post
    If it starts with L (L190-30) it's just a limit if it starts with F (F190-30) then it controls the fan... i think thats pretty much it

Post Likes
    Yup thats just a safety. Like said above opens at 190 and closes at 160. For the fan, that is timed ON and OFF by the board.

Post Likes
    I can't picture that furnace but on many units, probably most all today, if that limit opens it will also power on the blower and often the inducer as well.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in