Goliath Drain Pan with AG-1250e wet switch

Hey everyone, I am a business owner out on Staten Island, NY. I am doing an attic install and usually I use the Diversitech drain pans with their condensate cop. I wanted to use the Goliath drain pan bc I feel its a more sturdy pan on this job. My question is how well does that AG-1250e work with this pan, and I notice on the instructions they have the drain plugged on the pan, is this necessary to use with this switch? Any information would be helpful, thanks!

Don't think it is nec to use a drain, your local codes may differ. I like the pans, unit does sit a little high if you are connecting to existing ductwork.

have you used this particular switch before?

I've been using the Goliath pan for some time now and the wet switch since it became the standard switch that my supplier would sell with the pan. I love the pan, very sturdy. Yes, it's high but for a new install it's ideal for a nice drain pitch. I have yet to actually see the switch in action, that is have an overflow. I used to use the float type myself. But one thing I've got in the habit of doing was to run out that pan drain and put a 3/4" PVC ball valve and leave it in the off position. That way the switch can do its job if necessary and then I can just open the valve to get most of the water out easily without having to vac it.

Who sells the Goliath drain pan. I've heard good things about it.

SW Anderson and Johnstone sells the Goliath pans here in NY

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by clokwork76 View Post
    I've been using the Goliath pan for some time now and the wet switch since it became the standard switch that my supplier would sell with the pan. I love the pan, very sturdy. Yes, it's high but for a new install it's ideal for a nice drain pitch. I have yet to actually see the switch in action, that is have an overflow. I used to use the float type myself. But one thing I've got in the habit of doing was to run out that pan drain and put a 3/4" PVC ball valve and leave it in the off position. That way the switch can do its job if necessary and then I can just open the valve to get most of the water out easily without having to vac it.
    Why dont you just run the drain out above a window or near a porch and the unit will still run but the homeowner can call you to let you know they have a problem. but you dont have to rush it because they still have AC??

Just curious.

Hell we put a ss2 float coming off the secondary drain port then also put a float switch in the secondary pan so if one misses it hopefully the other one will cut if off.

where do you place the swith along the bottom of the pan or on the side wall?

Ive heard the goliath pans crack after some time...... the plastic gets brittle.

Dont take my word for it.... cause it was Israel hvac and I also saw a couple at work that have cracked. Dont know exactly what caused it... but Id be carefull.

Steel drain pain...... braze up the corners or make those leakproof corners...... maybe hose the interior down with some undercoating spray....or not......

Better safe than sorry is all Im saying.
    YOU SHALL REAP WHAT YOU HAVE _______ SOWN