Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 70
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Ripley, WV
    Posts
    1,208

    Gingrich Scolds Media for Making Limbaugh 'The Great National Crisis of This Week'

    I know it's a day or so late.

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PYrCF5jPsVM

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Virginia, near the coast
    Posts
    1,174
    The liberal media is doing its version of the "happy dance" over Rush's current situation.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    The liberal media is doing its version of the "happy dance" over Rush's current situation.
    Rush meant every word he said and is only apologizing now because it’s costing him money.

    What he said was over the top and inaccurate but let’s see any one of the cowards on the right have the guts to publicly criticize him for it.

    He is nothing more than a blowhard shock jock. This country will never get better with people like him in control.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2000
    Location
    Urbandale IA. USA
    Posts
    4,940
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Rush meant every word he said and is only apologizing now because it’s costing him money.
    That may be true.
    What he said was over the top and inaccurate but let’s see any one of the cowards on the right have the guts to publicly criticize him for it.
    It was NOT inaccurate, SHE is a slut for having sex outside of marriage, and the WORST part is she wants YOU to pay for it.
    RUSH just blasted her verbally which was NOT tactful. He used the wrong words, for which he apologized.

    He is nothing more than a blowhard shock jock. This country will never get better with people like him in control.
    He is the WATCHDOG of conservatism, which is what we NEED.
    I just do not agree with liberal thinking.
    .
    Those who dance, appear insane to those who do not hear the music.
    Those who believe, appear ignorant to those who do not know God.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    I just do not agree with liberal thinking.
    .
    I don’t agree with a lot of liberal thinking either but to call all women and men who have sex outside of marriage sluts is extreme. And, how do we know she is having sex outside of marriage? Why is it suddenly about her? Besides, what are we talking here for the cost of those pills, ten bucks a month? Its money well spent to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. If a woman can’t afford the pill, how can she afford a baby?

    Oh ya, just tell them not to have sex.

    BTW - Rush's apology is empty and meaningless. He should have done it before his sponsors dropped him.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Virginia, near the coast
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    Rush meant every word he said and is only apologizing now because it’s costing him money.

    What he said was over the top and inaccurate but let’s see any one of the cowards on the right have the guts to publicly criticize him for it.

    He is nothing more than a blowhard shock jock. This country will never get better with people like him in control.
    I made no reference whatsoever as to whether or not I think that what Mr. Limbaugh said was right or wrong at any level.

    I simply meant that the liberal media has hated him from the beginning and are beside themselves with glee at his present situation.

    P.S. I was not aware that he was "in control" of anything other than a radio show.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Virginia, near the coast
    Posts
    1,174
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    I don’t agree with a lot of liberal thinking either but to call all women and men who have sex outside of marriage sluts is extreme. And, how do we know she is having sex outside of marriage? Why is it suddenly about her? Besides, what are we talking here for the cost of those pills, ten bucks a month? Its money well spent to avoid an unwanted pregnancy. If a woman can’t afford the pill, how can she afford a baby?

    Oh ya, just tell them not to have sex.

    BTW - Rush's apology is empty and meaningless. He should have done it before his sponsors dropped him.
    So let me get this straight. If she can't afford the pills, it's up to you and me to pay for them? If we don't pay for the pills, we have to pay for the child? If the pills don't work, it's still up to you and me to pay for the child?

    Where is the personal responsibility? Only $10 a month? Pass up a couple of packs of cigarettes and SURPRISE she can afford the pills.

    And don't make light of abstinence. It's the only method that is 100% guaranteed to prevent pregnancy. Of course, in today's thinking that is an unreasonable thing to ask.
    It's a mechanical device, designed by humans, built by humans and operated by humans. What could possibly go wrong?

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Long Beach, CA
    Posts
    3,536
    Quote Originally Posted by fixacr View Post
    I made no reference whatsoever...
    But you made strong inferences through your choice of words and descriptions.

    When you say the left is experiencing “glee”, that the media is really the “liberal media”, and that Rush Limbaugh does not have extreme influence in the Republican Party to the point of having substantial ‘control’, then you aren’t being coy about your position. You are putting it out there.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    729
    Originally Posted by Brian GC
    He is nothing more than a blowhard shock jock. This country will never get better with people like him in control.

    Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    I just do not agree with liberal thinking.
    .
    CEHS, I agree with you. Rush was correct in what his premise was, just not tactful in the delivery. At least partly correct, she is a leftist liberal activist woman of ill repute!

    Besides, the "blowhard shock jock" is not in control of this country, is he? Brian GC says that he is in control of this country, I guess I missed that part, I thought Obama and his puppeteer(s) were "in control".

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian GC View Post
    But you made strong inferences through your choice of words and descriptions.

    When you say the left is experiencing “glee”, that the media is really the “liberal media”, and that Rush Limbaugh does not have extreme influence in the Republican Party to the point of having substantial ‘control’, then you aren’t being coy about your position. You are putting it out there.
    First off, get your facts straight on who this lady is and what her motivation was/is. She is an activist. I don't owe her, nor does anyone owe her contracetpion. It's her choice, they she can pay for it.

    And, to get it right, you infer, fixacr can't infer to you, you do the inferring. Just sayin'.

    Oh yeah, and Rush, exerting control on the republican party, HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH! They can't stand the guy. If they listened to his suggestions, they would be much more conservative and, in fact, more effective!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,253
    Quote Originally Posted by cehs View Post
    I just do not agree with liberal thinking.
    .
    Did you have sex before marriage? Are you then a slut and should you then be degraded in public. Forget that she went public with the fact that she even has a sex life.

    Can any male here say they did NOT have any sex before marriage? Few, I'll bet. She does not deserve to be called a slut any more than we men should.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarMike View Post
    Did you have sex before marriage? Are you then a slut and should you then be degraded in public. Forget that she went public with the fact that she even has a sex life.

    Can any male here say they did NOT have any sex before marriage? Few, I'll bet. She does not deserve to be called a slut any more than we men should.
    If you stand up and profess that you ARE, then you ARE. You say you are, then I'll agree. If I tell you that I AM, then I'm fine with you saying I AM.

    She clearly said what she did, as if she is proud of it, so then, why is she mad about it now! I mean, by definition, a slut is:

    Slut or slattern is a term applied to an individual who is considered to have loose sexual morals or who is sexually promiscuous. The term is generally pejorative and often applied to women as an insult or offensive term of disparagement, meaning "dirty or slovenly."[1] However some women have demonstrated saying they're proud of being "sluts", and have given it a positive connotation.[2][3]

    (From Wikipedia)

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    1,253
    But if it is so ordinary and, whether we stand up and profess it or not, we all (or most of us) are then "sluts" and there is no story here. If you are pissed off that she wants someone other than her to pay for her birth control, that is one thing and the slut term is just a distraction.

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event