condenser alarms

Anyone installing alarms on condensing units? If so, which ones do you use? Any one install the type that ties into the phone lines?

We had a Dentist customer who had 4 units stolen. They missed 2 units, I think because the thief forgot to pull the disconnect on his last unit. Found the pullout out in the field, Wires burnt where he cut them. He must have melted the wire cutters where he cut the live wires. Too bad we did not find a body too.

The dentist had his alarm guy put the alarm on the units. I don't know what kind.
    Remember, Air Conditioning begins with AIR.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin O'Neill View Post
    We had a Dentist customer who had 4 units stolen. They missed 2 units, I think because the thief forgot to pull the disconnect on his last unit. Found the pullout out in the field, Wires burnt where he cut them. He must have melted the wire cutters where he cut the live wires. Too bad we did not find a body too.

The dentist had his alarm guy put the alarm on the units. I don't know what kind.
    That was funny.

Had these folks do a presentation for our RSES Chapter. Check out www.acwatchdog.com as their product monitors high voltage, low voltage and refrigerant loss. Not sure if upgraded to a phone system yet.

Not quite sure if this is the same product, but www.jacksonsystems.com has one.
    Better Service Through Knowledge...
    RSES, The HVACR Training Authority. www.rses.org

Quote Originally Posted by rfhcms View Post
    Had these folks do a presentation for our RSES Chapter. Check out www.acwatchdog.com as their product monitors high voltage, low voltage and refrigerant loss. Not sure if upgraded to a phone system yet.

Not quite sure if this is the same product, but www.jacksonsystems.com has one.
    I have installed about 6 alarm systems by Jackson Systems and they work well. I have Hooked them up with high voltage, and low pressure controls. They work great and easy to install but......after several false alarms and customers thinking they shouldn't have to pay for me to come back out...it has gotten frustrating. I do recommend them, but having a nice steal cage put around the system with a motion detector light would work just fine too. Supposedly you can hook them up to a home alarm system too that's hooked to the phone
    but have left that up to the alarm company to do.