Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by otto8 View Post
    I will go back If we get a call back.... I did check for leak with soap bubbles. Didnt find it at the compressor or anywhere at the condensor. Thanks for help GUYS... But I still need to know why did my high side go up and down. If I go back there I will do all of those things you guys told me to do...
    There are a number of reasons that could make your head fluctuate. Is the condenser fan cycling on and off? Is there a sight glass? Is there a TXV? Do you know what a TXV is?

Non-condensables or "moisture" as you put it, usually show up as high head and a fluttering needle on your gauges.

A 10 psi fluctuation isnt that big. TXV could be hunting.

No offense but it really sounds like you dont know what your doing? If you had pro status we could be more specific

What is this pro you speak of?? Sounds like a pro to me didn't fix nothing dumped gas in and left charged customer. Now that's a pro!

I didnt say the guy who installed the compressor was a pro. We dont have those details, as a matter of fact we have NO details.

What is pro status???
    You said if he had pro status we could help more. What does that mean.

Quote Originally Posted by #1CDNTECH
    What is pro status???
    You said if he had pro status we could help more. What does that mean.
    Professional member status allow you access to the Professional forums.

They are closed to guests.

More technical information is exchanged there

Smile

ar_hvac_man, Can you please list numbers of reasons why head pressure would flactuate... I dont need anything else to know... You dont need details. List some of the reasons why would head pressure flactuate.. Thanks

#1CDNTECH, I found pressures low. Charged unit. Looked for leaks. Didnt find it. Now I just want to know why my head pressure is flactuating... There is no fan cycle. Fan runs all the time. Hmm is there anything else you need to know... Oh yea i checked if my condesor is clean.. Yup... Condensor looks good no restricion.... Very good... Looks like previous tech was in hurry to leave the job. It was probably late.. Hhmmm anything else you need to know?? I HAVE BEEN TOLD DIFFERENT REASONS FOR MY HEAD PRESSURE TO FLACTUATE... Can you be please so kind and tell me few reasons why it flactuates... Thanks man!

I will go back If we get a call back.... I did check for leak with soap bubbles. Didnt find it at the compressor or anywhere at the condensor. Thanks for help GUYS... But I still need to know why did my high side go up and down. If I go back there I will do all of those things you guys told me to do...
    If as you stated the last tech didn't pull a vacuum and didn't change the drier At the least there will be non cond. in system. As far as a leak did you find one?

this might help
    Attached Files Attached Files

ar_hvac_man, Can you please list numbers of reasons why head pressure would flactuate... I dont need anything else to know... You dont need details. List some of the reasons why would head pressure flactuate.. Thanks

#1CDNTECH, I found pressures low. Charged unit. Looked for leaks. Didnt find it. Now I just want to know why my head pressure is flactuating... There is no fan cycle. Fan runs all the time. Hmm is there anything else you need to know... Oh yea i checked if my condesor is clean.. Yup... Condensor looks good no restricion.... Very good... Looks like previous tech was in hurry to leave the job. It was probably late.. Hhmmm anything else you need to know?? I HAVE BEEN TOLD DIFFERENT REASONS FOR MY HEAD PRESSURE TO FLACTUATE... Can you be please so kind and tell me few reasons why it flactuates... Thanks man!
    I'm anxious to hear their reply too. I thought this was an educational forum, not an attack forum.

One would have to see what he saw. Most walk-in compressors have pistons that go up and down. Sometimes that alone is enough to make the neddle on your gauge fluctuate.

Then you have an expansion valve. It will modulate as needed to maintain superheat. That could make you head pressure change some too. So could changing load conditions in the walk-in. You can often tell when someone opens a door just by watching your gauges. At some point condenser fans should cycle and that will change head pressure.

So really there are too many reasons and without seeing what you saw nobody can do more than make a guess. The guys in this forum are very helpful provided your posts show a reasonable understanding of basic principles.

Non-condensables can be tested for. Basically you pump down system and allow the refrigerant to reach ambient air temperature and then look at gauge pressure and compare to chart values for that temp. Moisture will often cause ice at the TXV and prevent it from working correctly. The sight glass should have an indicator. If a problem is suspected you should test the oil for acid. Good practice dictates replacing the filter/dryer anytime the system is opened.

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Wulkin View Post
    I'm anxious to hear their reply too. I thought this was an educational forum, not an attack forum.
    I wasnt attacking the guy. Were just not allowed to give in-depth technical info to DIY'ers, its against the rules.

That being said I did give several possible reasons and others have told how to check for non-condensibles. I see head pressure flucuating all the time even with perfectly running equipment.

Otto: Does it have a sight glass and what did you see in the glass? What was your superheat at the evaporator? What was your subcooling?

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast