Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Yep,

some of the things the HI turns in are a little to the extreme (cracked armaflex on the line set, screw missing here or there), but it is a revenue generator for us. Keep the calls coming no matter how ridiculous they seem to be.
    GO NAVY, BEAT ARMY!

A DECADE OF DOMINANCE! +2

I don't want to kill any geese and I am not talking about the HI's that have enough brains to advise the buyer to seek out a pro for further evaluation. My examples were of homes that were 'passed' by the guy and the poor new owners suffered.

I hardly think passing an a/c system that had no condenser fan or motor, or an addition where the return is OBVIOUSLY being taken 100% from inside of the garage is excusable. The addition furnace was in the garage in plain site with a filter rack stuck on the side of it to clean the lint from the garage air! The homeowner is still heating it with electric space heaters because she can not afford to make it right and probably would not have bought the joint had she known.

Quote Originally Posted by Glennhvac View Post
    I don't want to kill any geese and I am not talking about the HI's that have enough brains to advise the buyer to seek out a pro for further evaluation. My examples were of homes that were 'passed' by the guy and the poor new owners suffered.

I hardly think passing an a/c system that had no condenser fan or motor, or an addition where the return is OBVIOUSLY being taken 100% from inside of the garage is excusable. The addition furnace was in the garage in plain site with a filter rack stuck on the side of it to clean the lint from the garage air! The homeowner is still heating it with electric space heaters because she can not afford to make it right and probably would not have bought the joint had she known.
    I bet she CA NOT sue the HI either, can she
    The Last four letters

American = I Can, Republican = I Can, Democrats = Rats

any questions

Wow, somebody have a bad day? I think this thread is more directed to the inspectors that would pass unsafe or substandard equipment with flying colors or NOT recommend someone more certified to inspect it if not sure...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12