Brazing with Blocade

I finally got around to using the Harris Blocade rod on a copper to brass fitting the other day and so far It seems like a good product. I like the lower melting temp.Has anyone else used this? Seems like a good rod for txv's.

is this the same thing they had +/- 10 years ago?

it had a small learning curve with amount of heat need to get a good joint, too much heat was not a good thing
    It`s better to be silent and thought the fool; than speak and remove all doubt.

blockade

Yes ,it's the same rod they've had out for quite awhile.You're right ,it does take some getting used to but all in all it does a good job.I talked with the folks at Harris and of course they think its a good product.The only thing I've heard bad is that it doesn't take alot of vibration but really that should'nt be an issue unless there's some other problem.

I haven't personally tried it. I got some for my guys to try and they whinned like crazy about it but can't really tell untill I try myself as they will cry about anything their not used to. For the difference in price if it works well they will have to learn to love it.
    Certified,qualified and can do it cause were used to it.

If you want to have call backs for leaks go ahead. fittings have to be perfect to work and by perfect no unusual gaps in spacing around fitting. sensitive to vibration. Just not a good field product.
    TANSTAAFL - There ain't no such thing as a free lunch!

Sounds something like solder. I don't think I will be using it!

I remember that stuff, almost has a blueish tint to it. I didnt like the way it flowed. How about Dynaflow for a cheaper rod?

r404a

Blockade was advertised by harris to repair leaks on phos copper joints. It has silicon and tin in it and flows at a lower temperature than harris 15%. I have used it and I liked it. The spec sheet is at harris products website.
    Challenge yourself, take the CM test --- Certificate Member since 2004 ---Join RSES ---the HVAC/R training authority ---www.rses.org