Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Use a tree and evac hose for evac, not a manfold set. See Yellow Jacket website.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

here is a link

the tree itself is like 80 bucks?

http://www.climatedoctors.com/items/...itemid=2068640
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

here is a link to this site for vacuum

http://hvac-talk.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=550462

Shoot.

A smart guy can fit his pump with a couple of extra firings for a few bucks at Lowes or Home Depot.

i have to go to the shop in a lil while
    i will take a pic of my artwork for you and post it

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    Shoot.

A smart guy can fit his pump with a couple of extra firings for a few bucks at Lowes or Home Depot.

Keep it in perspective. As you gain experiance, knowledge, and money you you will discover many new gadgets, tools and time savers to assit you in your trade. Just starting out, I believe a new 4 port manifold beats a new/used 2 or 3 port manifold. Just my opinion.

I'll fifth the buying new.....manifolds and hoses really aren't that expensive. and as stated, you have no idea of the history of that tool.

Just how "contaminated" can a set of manifold gauges be ??

If you're a newbie, it might be a good experience, to buy a used set and tear them apart and clean/fix 'em up.

It'll give you an opportunity to know exactly what's inside of them and exactly how they work.

That can't be all bad.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Quote Originally Posted by John Markl View Post
    Just how "contaminated" can a set of manifold gauges be ??

If you're a newbie, it might be a good experience, to buy a used set and tear them apart and clean/fix 'em up.

It'll give you an opportunity to know exactly what's inside of them and exactly how they work.

That can't be all bad.
    haha! I wouldn't have expected anything less out of you, John! They won't be too contaminated to fix up, that is true.

But I would still venture to guess that you don't buy used gauges off of ebay, do you John??

I don't need anymore manifolds.

I currently have 4 sets in the garage gathering dust.

If I were a tech just starting out on a budget, I'd snag one off of flea-bay in a heartbeat.

There is so little that can go wrong with them, they are practically bulletproof.

And contamination is a joke! Wtf are you guys working on that you're worried about contamination?

I've put that same gauges on the worst burnouts and the newest systems. There is so little contained in the manifold and hoses that cross contamination is a non-issue.

Purge your hoses correctly when you disconnect and purge again when you connect.

Presto. No contaminants!

Quote Originally Posted by jpsmith1cm View Post
    I don't need anymore manifolds.

I currently have 4 sets in the garage gathering dust.

If I were a tech just starting out on a budget, I'd snag one off of flea-bay in a heartbeat.

There is so little that can go wrong with them, they are practically bulletproof.

And contamination is a joke! Wtf are you guys working on that you're worried about contamination?

I've put that same gauges on the worst burnouts and the newest systems. There is so little contained in the manifold and hoses that cross contamination is a non-issue.

Purge your hoses correctly when you disconnect and purge again when you connect.

Presto. No contaminants!
    good points. and whether new or old, it would be a great idea to take them apart and see how they work like john said

Quote Originally Posted by mikeybow View Post
    Keep it in perspective. As you gain experiance, knowledge, and money you you will discover many new gadgets, tools and time savers to assit you in your trade. Just starting out, I believe a new 4 port manifold beats a new/used 2 or 3 port manifold. Just my opinion.
    I would rather someone have started me along the right path 17 years ago rather than having to re-learn a lot of things that I thought that I knew

In my opinion, it is best to learn things correctly the first time rather than learn it incorrectly then re-learn it correctly.

The method that achieves the fastest, deepest vacuums is using large bore, vacuum rated hoses with as little restriction as possible, meaning no depressors, schraeders, low-loss fittings or any other junk in the way.

You CAN pull a vacuum through a 2 or 4 valve manifold. I've done it all 3 ways.

Straight hoses and no restrictions gives the fastest and deepest evacuations.

Save the extra cash from the junker YJ Brute/Titan manifolds, buy good valve core removal tools, quality hoses and a good micron gauge.

Quote Originally Posted by knave View Post
    But I would still venture to guess that you don't buy used gauges off of ebay, do you John??
    At this point in life?...only as collectibles.

But, as a newbie? There's proly a good bit of other stuff I'm gonna need the cash for.

I've used plenty of second-hand manifolds over the years.
    Technical incompetence is NOT a sales tool....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast