Another Hi Re Li

Another hi re li we got...... runs fine..... I dont check pressures or anything on it.... aint gonna touch it until it breaks...... make sure the filter inside is clean. Make sure it heats and cools....

Its all original.

I remember this building was built in 70 or 71..... We lived here way back then and I remember a school chum who lived near this building. There were probably 8 of these at one time..... the other 7 ave been previously replaced......all Carrier junk....

Serves an area that is underground for three of the four walls...... and there is conditioned space above....... so none of the units on the ground floor run very much...

Still... its a 40 year old split system....

Name:  hireli.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  154.9 KB

Thats my little pocket clip light stuck on the unit covering the business name.... doesnt really matter I suppose.... but I didnt get permission from anyone to take the pic or post it...

Thats one of those Larry lights by the way...... got a magnet on it and a clip so you can clip to your pocket or shirt if you dont like wearing a headlamp.....

Got it at a true value. But amazon has them too....

http://www.amazon.com/Nebo-5897-NEBO...ds=larry+light

and johnstone has them but with an led strip instead of individual leds. I might get one from johnstone just cause I think those strip lights are neat.
    She's a meth cookin mama in love with a pill crunching man....

yea... the magnet on that light aint the most powerfull....lol.....

Is that the units that run flooded evaporators by design? Also, is that discharge original, or does it have twin centrifugal blowers at the top?

Thanks for posting this.

I remember hi re li units to be Westinghouse product.. After you figured out how they worked, "with no factory support", they were not hard to work on but I didn't like em. Just because I had to relearn the refrigeration cycle every time. I thought I never see one in 2014.

Yea, the 90 degree ell thing was probably an add on to keep the blowers from sending condenser air into that brick wall where it would be recirculated.

If I remember right,Westinghouse had a package unit where the TXV bulb was on the liquid line.And,if you did not understand how it worked,the more you overcharged it the lower the suction pressure!