Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 14 to 26 of 44
  1. #14
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    458
    you should move to Canada, things make a lot more sense there these days. everything in the US now is black or white, one way or the other with no in between. Everything is smoke and mirrors. Enjoy!
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

  2. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    san pedro ca.
    Posts
    362
    Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    Not true. Once properly expunged any and all records are sealed, including any arrests records.

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expungement
    Yes you are correct, however just because they say it's expunged doesn't nessasarily mean that the paperwork was filed correctly.

  3. #16
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    1,977
    Quote Originally Posted by coilcleaner View Post
    Yes you are correct, however just because they say it's expunged doesn't nessasarily mean that the paperwork was filed correctly.
    I hate to see something so stupid haunt someone like this.

    He paid his debt, now let the man move on and be productive.

    The legal system in America is broken, you know this when a man caught with 2oz of cocaine gets more time than a murderer.

    UA LU189

    10mm, because it's better than .45acp

  4. #17
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    up in the hizzy
    Posts
    1,285
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    i'm glad that SOMEBODY in the world is realizing what is happening, other than me.
    this system is being perverted by the government





    the government allows ARREST RECORDS to be released in background checks through the use of the NCIC database .
    once you plead guilty and take the plea bargain , ...which nearly everyone does, ...you're toast, it doesn't matter what happens after that.
    employers see the arrest record and ASSUME what they think happened.


    i was arrested with a knife when i was 18 which started as a felony.
    (carrying weapons , by-the-way, is protected by the 2nd Amendment)
    the judge didn't think it was a big deal, they said "plead guilty, will drop it to a misdemeanor, and give you 5 days community service"
    i did so, and that's what happened.
    later i had my case expunged.
    i obtained an armed permit for security and i wroked at an ATM company for a number of years.
    later, i moved to Las Vegas. i was denied an armed permit from the state for being a "felon", which i am not.
    i was employed at an HVAC company in Las Vegas, about 8 months in they decided to run a background check, i heard other employees make comments like "how was prison?" ...i have never been to prison.

    Nevada said "no problem, just have California seal you record"
    the only problem is, California does not seal any record of anyone 18 or older.

    how did this happen?
    the F-ing piece of crap govrenment is releasing arrest records through the NCIC database to background checkers and giving them to employers.
    once you plead guilty to anything , you're done.
    anything the judge says or does is now irrelevant.
    also , every little crime is now a felony.

    i have documentation showing my case was "overturned" , "set aside", "expunged". .....nobody cares.

    employers just get a little thrill for finding something.
    that's why criminal information used to be carefully guarded, because they knew people didn't have the maturity to have information.


    believe it or not, a few months ago, the Congress tried to make a law that said , if you're arrested by the police, ...THAT goes on your record, regardless if they acheive a conviction.
    it didn't go through.
    will it go through next year?


    the government is WRONG.
    anyone who agrees with the corrupt government is WRONG.
    this Big Brother policy is CREATING crime, not preventing it.

    dude that sounds like a bunch of baloney!! why dont you tell us the real deal? nobody gets a felony for carrying a knife, if anything the justice system is very lenient and the first time you screw up in a minor way they let you go with two slaps on the wrist.

  5. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,817
    kinda like cops that pull you over
    check your license
    ask you a couple questions
    hand you your license back and say sorry for the inconvenience!
    have a nice day!!!

    then the columbo moment!!!!!!!!!

    oh hey BUDDY!!!!!!!! mind if i take a quick look in your trunk? it is just routine procedure!!!!!!!!!



    BAM!!!
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  6. #19
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    1,004
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    oh hey BUDDY!!!!!!!! mind if i take a quick look in your trunk? it is just routine procedure!!!!!!!!!



    BAM!!!
    im sorry sir, the smell of that rotting corpse back there is getting to you, how do you think i feel, ive had to put up with that for 2 days now, i was on my way to the lake to get rid of it.
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.


  7. #20
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,817
    cops are lazzzzy and hate paperwork!!!!!!!!!
    imagine the amount of paperwork involved in a murder!!!!

    he would just hand you your license back and tell you to have a nice day!!!!!!




    Quote Originally Posted by marter View Post
    im sorry sir, the smell of that rotting corpse back there is getting to you, how do you think i feel, ive had to put up with that for 2 days now, i was on my way to the lake to get rid of it.
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  8. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    i'm glad that SOMEBODY in the world is realizing what is happening, other than me.
    this system is being perverted by the government





    the government allows ARREST RECORDS to be released in background checks through the use of the NCIC database .
    once you plead guilty and take the plea bargain , ...which nearly everyone does, ...you're toast, it doesn't matter what happens after that.
    employers see the arrest record and ASSUME what they think happened.


    i was arrested with a knife when i was 18 which started as a felony.
    (carrying weapons , by-the-way, is protected by the 2nd Amendment)
    the judge didn't think it was a big deal, they said "plead guilty, will drop it to a misdemeanor, and give you 5 days community service"
    i did so, and that's what happened.
    later i had my case expunged.
    i obtained an armed permit for security and i wroked at an ATM company for a number of years.
    later, i moved to Las Vegas. i was denied an armed permit from the state for being a "felon", which i am not.
    i was employed at an HVAC company in Las Vegas, about 8 months in they decided to run a background check, i heard other employees make comments like "how was prison?" ...i have never been to prison.

    Nevada said "no problem, just have California seal you record"
    the only problem is, California does not seal any record of anyone 18 or older.

    how did this happen?
    the F-ing piece of crap govrenment is releasing arrest records through the NCIC database to background checkers and giving them to employers.
    once you plead guilty to anything , you're done.
    anything the judge says or does is now irrelevant.
    also , every little crime is now a felony.

    i have documentation showing my case was "overturned" , "set aside", "expunged". .....nobody cares.

    employers just get a little thrill for finding something.
    that's why criminal information used to be carefully guarded, because they knew people didn't have the maturity to have information.


    believe it or not, a few months ago, the Congress tried to make a law that said , if you're arrested by the police, ...THAT goes on your record, regardless if they acheive a conviction.
    it didn't go through.
    will it go through next year?


    the government is WRONG.
    anyone who agrees with the corrupt government is WRONG.
    this Big Brother policy is CREATING crime, not preventing it.
    You said a mouthful, and I agree with you 110%

    Now, how about the people that have been falsely convicted, or just took a plea beacuse they had no other choice?

    Our courts are nothing but kangaroo courts anymore. It is NOT about right and wrong, it is a matter of lawyers. WHO can afford the better lawyer or who can tell the biggest line of BS. If you got enough money, it doesn't matter if you did something or not. You are too broke to afford a good lawyer, and you better be ready to plea, guilty or not. If you don't you WILL serve prison time, no matter your innocents.

    Sometime I think it is the governments goal to make EVERYONE a criminal somehow....

  9. #22
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Kansas City, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    13,817
    we watch court tv all the time!

    in the US if you are accused you are going to prison! unless you have millions!

    crooked cops crooked DA

    they can get any innocent honest person to confess to anything

    20 or 30 hours in the box no restroom no drink no food!

    then they just get a few guys doing life already to testify against you and they take a few years off their sentence!

    Nancy Grace had a 100% conviction rate on over 200 murder and rape cases!!

    most of them completely circumstancial and he said she said.

    if your wife gets murdered you better run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    You said a mouthful, and I agree with you 110%

    Now, how about the people that have been falsely convicted, or just took a plea beacuse they had no other choice?

    Our courts are nothing but kangaroo courts anymore. It is NOT about right and wrong, it is a matter of lawyers. WHO can afford the better lawyer or who can tell the biggest line of BS. If you got enough money, it doesn't matter if you did something or not. You are too broke to afford a good lawyer, and you better be ready to plea, guilty or not. If you don't you WILL serve prison time, no matter your innocents.

    Sometime I think it is the governments goal to make EVERYONE a criminal somehow....
    I WILL SELL WORK,GENERATE BUSINESS, GO GET NEW CUSTOMERS!
    YOU SHUT THE HELL UP AND QUIT RUNNING YOUR MOUTH!

  10. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    dude that sounds like a bunch of baloney!! why dont you tell us the real deal? nobody gets a felony for carrying a knife, if anything the justice system is very lenient and the first time you screw up in a minor way they let you go with two slaps on the wrist.
    In some states carrying a nife with a blade longer than 4 inches will get you hauled off.
    Same with a switchblade or a butterfly knife.
    In my home state, it is illegal to carry MORE than 4 ounces of pepper spray.

    Has anyone tried to reason WHY we need to keep making more and more laws? What does making more laws accomplish other than to make a law abiding citizen TODAY, a criminal TOMORROW?

    These laws ROB the citizen of freedom and make them a criminal...

  11. #24
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    N.E. Indiana
    Posts
    879
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    we watch court tv all the time!

    in the US if you are accused you are going to prison! unless you have millions!

    crooked cops crooked DA

    they can get any innocent honest person to confess to anything

    20 or 30 hours in the box no restroom no drink no food!

    then they just get a few guys doing life already to testify against you and they take a few years off their sentence!

    Nancy Grace had a 100% conviction rate on over 200 murder and rape cases!!

    most of them completely circumstancial and he said she said.

    if your wife gets murdered you better run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Corrupt is CORRECT. Our whole system is corrupt!

  12. #25
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Central NJ
    Posts
    458
    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    In some states carrying a nife with a blade longer than 4 inches will get you hauled off.
    Same with a switchblade or a butterfly knife.
    In my home state, it is illegal to carry MORE than 4 ounces of pepper spray.

    Has anyone tried to reason WHY we need to keep making more and more laws? What does making more laws accomplish other than to make a law abiding citizen TODAY, a criminal TOMORROW?

    These laws ROB the citizen of freedom and make them a criminal...
    The prison system is a business and they're good at what they do. Keep it packed, business sustained. Gotta love privatization.
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

  13. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,594
    NCIC is used for criminal record checks, nothing on NCIC is entered about arrests, only convictions, warrants, and wanted persons.

    the NCIC database IS arrest records.
    it was orginally sold to the public that it would only be used by law enforcement.
    the idea was, ...let's say, a suspect was arrested for armed robbery but he was acquitted because of no evidence.
    the NCIC database was supposed to be used to inform a police officer that this person was once a suspect in a armed crime as he pulled him over for a traffic violation ...or whatever.
    over time the exposure to the database was expanded.
    now in many states, the NCIC check is a part of every normal background check, especially in Nevada, where they justify it because many criminals gravitate to the area.


    once a person pleads guilty and takes a plea bargain, it doesn't matter what the judge says or what the plea bargain is, it's perminent record.
    the best remedy is to have the case "sealed", but like i said, in my state California, they will not seal a record of any crime committed at the age of 18 or more, for any reason.


    In some states carrying a nife with a blade longer than 4 inches will get you hauled off.
    BINGO!
    in California at the time i was arrested, we had 2 laws on the books, one said a blade over 4 inches was a felony, the other said a blade over 6 inches was a felony.
    LAPD would have taken my knife and told me to scram, but i was arrested in a county where the polce department had something to prove.

    despite the efforts of the judge and the lawyers to turn my arrest into an infraction, the Feds caused me large problems over 10 years later.
    (i think NCIC powers were expandedin the ealry 90's)




    no matter your innocents.
    the problem isn't really trying to convict innocent people, the problem comes from the modern legal system trying to stick it to people who admit they're guilty.
    you're young and you get arrested, you say "i'm guilty and i'm sorry", they say the jail system is too over crowded to give you jail time, you do a few days community service, ...then you find out you're not going to be able to work for the rest of your life, except 8 bucks per hour labor jobs.





    the justice system is very lenient

    DO NOT make that mistake in thinking that.
    the media plays a big role in making it look like felons are all over the place , laughing it up, it's not true.
    the media does this so people will get mad and give the government more power.
    you get a nice conviction on your record, felony, domestic abuse, weapons charge, you're done.


    what they are doing is class warfare, if you're not spending all your time in college when you are young, then you are at risk for gettign run over by this sick legal system.
    as time goes on, it's only going to get worse.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event