+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Disturbing new trend with applications

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    i'm glad that SOMEBODY in the world is realizing what is happening, other than me.
    this system is being perverted by the government

the government allows ARREST RECORDS to be released in background checks through the use of the NCIC database .
    once you plead guilty and take the plea bargain , ...which nearly everyone does, ...you're toast, it doesn't matter what happens after that.
    employers see the arrest record and ASSUME what they think happened.

i was arrested with a knife when i was 18 which started as a felony.
    (carrying weapons , by-the-way, is protected by the 2nd Amendment)
    the judge didn't think it was a big deal, they said "plead guilty, will drop it to a misdemeanor, and give you 5 days community service"
    i did so, and that's what happened.
    later i had my case expunged.
    i obtained an armed permit for security and i wroked at an ATM company for a number of years.
    later, i moved to Las Vegas. i was denied an armed permit from the state for being a "felon", which i am not.
    i was employed at an HVAC company in Las Vegas, about 8 months in they decided to run a background check, i heard other employees make comments like "how was prison?" ...i have never been to prison.

Nevada said "no problem, just have California seal you record"
    the only problem is, California does not seal any record of anyone 18 or older.

how did this happen?
    the F-ing piece of crap govrenment is releasing arrest records through the NCIC database to background checkers and giving them to employers.
    once you plead guilty to anything , you're done.
    anything the judge says or does is now irrelevant.
    also , every little crime is now a felony.

i have documentation showing my case was "overturned" , "set aside", "expunged". .....nobody cares.

employers just get a little thrill for finding something.
    that's why criminal information used to be carefully guarded, because they knew people didn't have the maturity to have information.

believe it or not, a few months ago, the Congress tried to make a law that said , if you're arrested by the police, ...THAT goes on your record, regardless if they acheive a conviction.
    it didn't go through.
    will it go through next year?

the government is WRONG.
    anyone who agrees with the corrupt government is WRONG.
    this Big Brother policy is CREATING crime, not preventing it.
    You said a mouthful, and I agree with you 110%

Now, how about the people that have been falsely convicted, or just took a plea beacuse they had no other choice?

Our courts are nothing but kangaroo courts anymore. It is NOT about right and wrong, it is a matter of lawyers. WHO can afford the better lawyer or who can tell the biggest line of BS. If you got enough money, it doesn't matter if you did something or not. You are too broke to afford a good lawyer, and you better be ready to plea, guilty or not. If you don't you WILL serve prison time, no matter your innocents.

Sometime I think it is the governments goal to make EVERYONE a criminal somehow....

Post Likes
    we watch court tv all the time!

in the US if you are accused you are going to prison! unless you have millions!

crooked cops crooked DA

they can get any innocent honest person to confess to anything

20 or 30 hours in the box no restroom no drink no food!

then they just get a few guys doing life already to testify against you and they take a few years off their sentence!

Nancy Grace had a 100% conviction rate on over 200 murder and rape cases!!

most of them completely circumstancial and he said she said.

if your wife gets murdered you better run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    You said a mouthful, and I agree with you 110%

Now, how about the people that have been falsely convicted, or just took a plea beacuse they had no other choice?

Our courts are nothing but kangaroo courts anymore. It is NOT about right and wrong, it is a matter of lawyers. WHO can afford the better lawyer or who can tell the biggest line of BS. If you got enough money, it doesn't matter if you did something or not. You are too broke to afford a good lawyer, and you better be ready to plea, guilty or not. If you don't you WILL serve prison time, no matter your innocents.

Sometime I think it is the governments goal to make EVERYONE a criminal somehow....
    true knowledge exists in knowing that you know nothing.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by valdelocc View Post
    dude that sounds like a bunch of baloney!! why dont you tell us the real deal? nobody gets a felony for carrying a knife, if anything the justice system is very lenient and the first time you screw up in a minor way they let you go with two slaps on the wrist.
    In some states carrying a nife with a blade longer than 4 inches will get you hauled off.
    Same with a switchblade or a butterfly knife.
    In my home state, it is illegal to carry MORE than 4 ounces of pepper spray.

Has anyone tried to reason WHY we need to keep making more and more laws? What does making more laws accomplish other than to make a law abiding citizen TODAY, a criminal TOMORROW?

These laws ROB the citizen of freedom and make them a criminal...

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by supertek65 View Post
    we watch court tv all the time!

in the US if you are accused you are going to prison! unless you have millions!

crooked cops crooked DA

they can get any innocent honest person to confess to anything

20 or 30 hours in the box no restroom no drink no food!

then they just get a few guys doing life already to testify against you and they take a few years off their sentence!

Nancy Grace had a 100% conviction rate on over 200 murder and rape cases!!

most of them completely circumstancial and he said she said.

if your wife gets murdered you better run!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Corrupt is CORRECT. Our whole system is corrupt!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by freemind View Post
    In some states carrying a nife with a blade longer than 4 inches will get you hauled off.
    Same with a switchblade or a butterfly knife.
    In my home state, it is illegal to carry MORE than 4 ounces of pepper spray.

Has anyone tried to reason WHY we need to keep making more and more laws? What does making more laws accomplish other than to make a law abiding citizen TODAY, a criminal TOMORROW?

These laws ROB the citizen of freedom and make them a criminal...
    The prison system is a business and they're good at what they do. Keep it packed, business sustained. Gotta love privatization.
    You have to pay your due's before you pay the rent!

Post Likes
    NCIC is used for criminal record checks, nothing on NCIC is entered about arrests, only convictions, warrants, and wanted persons.

the NCIC database IS arrest records.
    it was orginally sold to the public that it would only be used by law enforcement.
    the idea was, ...let's say, a suspect was arrested for armed robbery but he was acquitted because of no evidence.
    the NCIC database was supposed to be used to inform a police officer that this person was once a suspect in a armed crime as he pulled him over for a traffic violation ...or whatever.
    over time the exposure to the database was expanded.
    now in many states, the NCIC check is a part of every normal background check, especially in Nevada, where they justify it because many criminals gravitate to the area.

once a person pleads guilty and takes a plea bargain, it doesn't matter what the judge says or what the plea bargain is, it's perminent record.
    the best remedy is to have the case "sealed", but like i said, in my state California, they will not seal a record of any crime committed at the age of 18 or more, for any reason.

BINGO!
    in California at the time i was arrested, we had 2 laws on the books, one said a blade over 4 inches was a felony, the other said a blade over 6 inches was a felony.
    LAPD would have taken my knife and told me to scram, but i was arrested in a county where the polce department had something to prove.

despite the efforts of the judge and the lawyers to turn my arrest into an infraction, the Feds caused me large problems over 10 years later.
    (i think NCIC powers were expandedin the ealry 90's)

no matter your innocents.
    the problem isn't really trying to convict innocent people, the problem comes from the modern legal system trying to stick it to people who admit they're guilty.
    you're young and you get arrested, you say "i'm guilty and i'm sorry", they say the jail system is too over crowded to give you jail time, you do a few days community service, ...then you find out you're not going to be able to work for the rest of your life, except 8 bucks per hour labor jobs.

the justice system is very lenient

DO NOT make that mistake in thinking that.
    the media plays a big role in making it look like felons are all over the place , laughing it up, it's not true.
    the media does this so people will get mad and give the government more power.
    you get a nice conviction on your record, felony, domestic abuse, weapons charge, you're done.

what they are doing is class warfare, if you're not spending all your time in college when you are young, then you are at risk for gettign run over by this sick legal system.
    as time goes on, it's only going to get worse.

Post Likes
    what they are doing is class warfare, if you're not spending all your time in college when you are young, then you are at risk for gettign run over by this sick legal system.
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.

Post Likes
    I have never carried a weopon in my life and I hope I never will by the Grace of God. I fear no man, I can always run, fight or run them over with truck. Oh and sometimes pray my way out.

Post Likes
    I do not consent to a search, my lawyer has advised me not answer any questions, am I free to Go? The cop might just billy club the hell out of you for making him irate.

Post Likes

It's been getting worse and worse and worse for a long time now.

Kids today don't stand a chance.

The problem is that society makes it that way.

Society is tricked by the government on how they will be protected and everyone loses freedoms.

Society is stupid!!

Post Likes
    Disturbing new trend with applications

1) I have an expunged misdemeanor on my "criminal record"
    2) I always scored very high on HVAC tests
    3) I usually interview very well when i apply for jobs.

there was 2 companies i applied for which i never heard a word from and i realized the disturbing new trend going on with job applications.
    they place on their application "please be honest with your criminal background" , "everyone makes mistakes" , "we do not automatically disqualify you" ...ect.
    don't fall for this.
    These companies are just trying to save money by not having to do a background check, they're NOT going to hire you.
    They tell applicants the best thing is to be honest, but then they go and rip-off a bunch of home owners for HVAC equipment.

My rule is , unless you have been personally referred to someone for a job, never put criminal history on the app unless it's a government related form where you MUST be honest.

(I'M NOT ADVISING YOU WHAT TO DO, JUST BE AWARE OF THIS LIE AND MAKE YOUR DECISIONS)

some of you may still be in areas where "criminal records" aren't that big of deal, but in areas like Los Angeles, ANYTHING found on your background is a "fail".
    People have this vision that an employer is going to over-look a minor offense, but it doesn't work that way anymore.

if employers are going to deny your employment for a chicken-sht offense, then they need to pay the money to do it.

unfortunately, this Big Brother crap , ...and their little files, are going to get worse and worse until the country falls into total slavery or people suddenly wise up and start electing guys like Ron Paul, who are willing to follow rules.

by anyways, like i always suggest when talking about criminal history, if you're having these kinds of problems , the CDL truck driving jobs are way more reasonable. I'm my area they pay a lot better than HVAC.
    (and if you think driving a truck is a crap job, you should see the HVAC jobs i've had in the last 5 years)
    JUST SAY YOU ARE AN ILLEGAL. YOU WILL PROBABLY GET TO BE PART OWNER OF THE BUSINESS.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    JUST SAY YOU ARE AN ILLEGAL. YOU WILL PROBABLY GET TO BE PART OWNER OF THE BUSINESS.
    We know they won't impound your car in Cali!!!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Post Likes
    When i look at an application im trying to get a good idea of someone ive never meet that wants to work for/with me. All i really have to go by is this piece of paper, his word, my gut and what ever a background check shows. For every negative i find it becomes more and more of a risk for me.

Post Likes
    But do you give the guy a chance to explain?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

Post Likes
    I'm a little scared for my daughter. I hope she grows up to be ugly or she can be pulled over, arrested, and strip searched for nothing. It's legal.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    Not true. Once properly expunged any and all records are sealed, including any arrests records.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expungement
    Expungement is only good for state ran background checks...some employers run Federal background checks and expunged records will show up there. A governor's pardon is the only way to completely remove any and all previous records.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Expungement is only good for state ran background checks...some employers run Federal background checks and expunged records will show up there. A governor's pardon is the only way to completely remove any and all previous records.
    What are you talking about?

There is no difference between a state and federal background check, quit making stuff up.

A governors pardon is the only way is it? Why not go with a presidential pardon?
    UA LU189

Post Likes
    Why do you think you are getting turned down Wolf? Aren't the applications the same for everybody?

In interviews I have answered "never convicted" when asked that question and still got the job offer.

Post Likes
    I had to take a lie detector test to work for a company in San Antonio, Texas to pipe fit ammonia systems. I had previously took a lie detector test for a murder case which I passed with flying color's. The lie detector guy's loved this and patted their selve's on the back for their equiptment being all knowing...lol This was the 1980's. If you are a good,honest,knowlegable technician, the sky is the limit in the HVAC field.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by ControlsInMT View Post
    But do you give the guy a chance to explain?
    We do...so long as it's not a recent conviction and the life lived since shows a desire to stay clean, we'll usually hire them.
    (The wise men of modern thought) adore a god made of putty or of wax - plastic, effeminate, molluscous, with no masculine faculty about him, and no quality that entitles him to the respect of just and honest men, for a being who cannot be angry at wrongdoing is destitute of one of the essential virtues, and a moral Ruler who is not angry with the wicked, and who refuses to punish crime, is not divine. ---Spurgeon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in