Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by wolfstrike View Post
    what they are doing is class warfare, if you're not spending all your time in college when you are young, then you are at risk for gettign run over by this sick legal system.
    as time goes on, it's only going to get worse.
    You can't kiss death without it kissing you back. Death is a passionate kisser.

I have never carried a weopon in my life and I hope I never will by the Grace of God. I fear no man, I can always run, fight or run them over with truck. Oh and sometimes pray my way out.

I do not consent to a search, my lawyer has advised me not answer any questions, am I free to Go? The cop might just billy club the hell out of you for making him irate.

what they are doing is class warfare, if you're not spending all your time in college when you are young, then you are at risk for gettign run over by this sick legal system.
    as time goes on, it's only going to get worse.
    It's been getting worse and worse and worse for a long time now.

Kids today don't stand a chance.

The problem is that society makes it that way.

Society is tricked by the government on how they will be protected and everyone loses freedoms.

Society is stupid!!

Disturbing new trend with applications

1) I have an expunged misdemeanor on my "criminal record"
    2) I always scored very high on HVAC tests
    3) I usually interview very well when i apply for jobs.

there was 2 companies i applied for which i never heard a word from and i realized the disturbing new trend going on with job applications.
    they place on their application "please be honest with your criminal background" , "everyone makes mistakes" , "we do not automatically disqualify you" ...ect.
    don't fall for this.
    These companies are just trying to save money by not having to do a background check, they're NOT going to hire you.
    They tell applicants the best thing is to be honest, but then they go and rip-off a bunch of home owners for HVAC equipment.

My rule is , unless you have been personally referred to someone for a job, never put criminal history on the app unless it's a government related form where you MUST be honest.

(I'M NOT ADVISING YOU WHAT TO DO, JUST BE AWARE OF THIS LIE AND MAKE YOUR DECISIONS)

some of you may still be in areas where "criminal records" aren't that big of deal, but in areas like Los Angeles, ANYTHING found on your background is a "fail".
    People have this vision that an employer is going to over-look a minor offense, but it doesn't work that way anymore.

if employers are going to deny your employment for a chicken-sht offense, then they need to pay the money to do it.

unfortunately, this Big Brother crap , ...and their little files, are going to get worse and worse until the country falls into total slavery or people suddenly wise up and start electing guys like Ron Paul, who are willing to follow rules.

by anyways, like i always suggest when talking about criminal history, if you're having these kinds of problems , the CDL truck driving jobs are way more reasonable. I'm my area they pay a lot better than HVAC.
    (and if you think driving a truck is a crap job, you should see the HVAC jobs i've had in the last 5 years)
    JUST SAY YOU ARE AN ILLEGAL. YOU WILL PROBABLY GET TO BE PART OWNER OF THE BUSINESS.

Quote Originally Posted by ironpit View Post
    JUST SAY YOU ARE AN ILLEGAL. YOU WILL PROBABLY GET TO BE PART OWNER OF THE BUSINESS.
    We know they won't impound your car in Cali!!!
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

When i look at an application im trying to get a good idea of someone ive never meet that wants to work for/with me. All i really have to go by is this piece of paper, his word, my gut and what ever a background check shows. For every negative i find it becomes more and more of a risk for me.

But do you give the guy a chance to explain?
    Don't worry zombies are looking for brains, you're safe...

I'm a little scared for my daughter. I hope she grows up to be ugly or she can be pulled over, arrested, and strip searched for nothing. It's legal.

Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    Not true. Once properly expunged any and all records are sealed, including any arrests records.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Expungement
    Expungement is only good for state ran background checks...some employers run Federal background checks and expunged records will show up there. A governor's pardon is the only way to completely remove any and all previous records.

Quote Originally Posted by AStudent View Post
    Expungement is only good for state ran background checks...some employers run Federal background checks and expunged records will show up there. A governor's pardon is the only way to completely remove any and all previous records.
    What are you talking about?

There is no difference between a state and federal background check, quit making stuff up.

A governors pardon is the only way is it? Why not go with a presidential pardon?
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

Why do you think you are getting turned down Wolf? Aren't the applications the same for everybody?

In interviews I have answered "never convicted" when asked that question and still got the job offer.
    "War is cruelty,and you cannot refine it." Sherman to the leadership of Atlanta prior to burning the city.

"Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    Albert Einstein

Romney campaign: "We're not going to let our campaign be ruled by fact-checkers,"

Lindsey Graham: “We’re not generating enough angry white guys to stay in business for the long term.”

I had to take a lie detector test to work for a company in San Antonio, Texas to pipe fit ammonia systems. I had previously took a lie detector test for a murder case which I passed with flying color's. The lie detector guy's loved this and patted their selve's on the back for their equiptment being all knowing...lol This was the 1980's. If you are a good,honest,knowlegable technician, the sky is the limit in the HVAC field.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast