Thread: Metasys MSMQ

Post Likes

Metasys MSMQ

Somewhat recently my company took over a service contract at a local hospital, which is roughly 90% Johnson Controls equipment. They have a Metasys system handling the building management via a number of NAE boxes. An ongoing issue that I am now tasked with addressing is a "MSMQ Monitor Alarm." (The specific 'Alarm Message Text' is: Warning - MSMQ not processing messages from Private$\Metasys_trendbacklog. Message Count: 1) I have gone through the 'ADS/ADX Commissioning Guide' as well as the 'Network and IT Guidance for IT Professional Technical Bulletin' to find a solution to the issue. I followed the steps outlined to re-sizing the private queue size only to discover that no such private queue exists on the ADS. I then created such a private queue with the matching information. It seems I am missing a ID or some information along those line such that the Metasys and Microsoft can communicate properly. Sadly, I have little experience when it comes to this sort of issue and was wondering if anyone out there has any advice.

Thank You.

Post Likes

Version

Quote Originally Posted by Time Alchemist View Post
    Somewhat recently my company took over a service contract at a local hospital, which is roughly 90% Johnson Controls equipment. They have a Metasys system handling the building management via a number of NAE boxes. An ongoing issue that I am now tasked with addressing is a "MSMQ Monitor Alarm." (The specific 'Alarm Message Text' is: Warning - MSMQ not processing messages from Private$\Metasys_trendbacklog. Message Count: 1) I have gone through the 'ADS/ADX Commissioning Guide' as well as the 'Network and IT Guidance for IT Professional Technical Bulletin' to find a solution to the issue. I followed the steps outlined to re-sizing the private queue size only to discover that no such private queue exists on the ADS. I then created such a private queue with the matching information. It seems I am missing a ID or some information along those line such that the Metasys and Microsoft can communicate properly. Sadly, I have little experience when it comes to this sort of issue and was wondering if anyone out there has any advice.

Thank You.

What's the version of the system. The problem is that certain trends are not being processed. Once you tell me the version we can look into a fix.

Post Likes
    So the Metasys system is version 6.0.11.0200. The hospital is running Windows 7 (32-bit). Let me know if you need any more information. I will see what I can find.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Alchemist View Post
    So the Metasys system is version 6.0.11.0200. The hospital is running Windows 7 (32-bit). Let me know if you need any more information. I will see what I can find.
    1) Right-click My Computer and select Manage.
    2) Expand Services and Applications, then Message Queuing.
    3) Select Private Queues

A list will appear in the right pane, ensure that all numbers are zero. If there is a small number in one of the queues wait a minute and check again by using F5 to refresh the display. A small number that only appears transiently is not a problem, a number that is constant or increasing steadily is a problem.

Then try the attachedMSMQ_TS1.docx