Views: 306
Size:  134.0 KBName:  IMG_1197.jpg
Views: 302
Size:  180.0 KBName:  IMG_1196.jpg
Views: 301
Size:  187.1 KBName:  IMG_1195.jpg
Views: 307
Size:  105.1 KB
    I have a customer with distech bacnet stats. I'm having a problem with communications because of an issue with the BCPBACnetNetwork. I cannot look at the properties or anything. I'm not familiar with this. Showing that the wizard service(bcpservice) is in fault. Here are some screenshots if anyone could assist me with this. Thanks

Post Likes
    Do you know if the Distech .dist file was installed? The wizards won't run unless you install the modules that way.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    The site database .dist file was installed, other than that im not sure the file you are talking about. I apologize but haven't run into this b4

Post Likes
    I am not a Distech guy but you are looking at the wizard which I believe is for their controller engineering software. They run that through AX like some other brands.

You mention that the problem you are experiencing is related to the BcpBacnetNetwork. You need to go to that property sheet, no the one of your screen shots.

What problems are you experiencing? Communication related how? The Pics you loaded are not related to those types of problems.

Also how are you connecting to this JACE? Your application director view is not of much help as the station is not even running yet.

Are you AX Certified? If so, which brand are you most familiar with?

Post Likes
    I am AX certified, after certification didn't use it much for years. Although the past year have gotten back into it quite a bit. I use the ASI branded jace but have dealt with JCI also. You cannot view anything on the bcpbacnet network. If you right click nothing appears. Im pretty sure it has something to do with the wizard(BCP) service having problems. As far as communications, nothing happens. The application director pic is just a pic I took after I updated some modules, not saying that it has anything to do with my issue.

Post Likes
    How are you connecting to the JACE? Sounds like your missing the modules. There was a couple questions you missed that will help us nail down where to look.

Post Likes
    I'm connected at Port 1. I'm pretty sure that it has to do with some module but not sure exactly. Found some distech software in the form of a program called smart installer. Looking at EC net support pack I may need to install but not 100% positive yet

Post Likes
    If it's in Fault you need to get the right Distech module to be able to troubleshoot this network.

For SmartInstaller, all you need is the support module in order to get access to the BCPNetwork JAR. Easiest way to guarantee it is to go to the EC-NET-AX tab in SmartInstaller and download the support pack. Support pack can be run on any copy of Niagara AX, regardless of brand.

The difference between the BCPBacnetNetwork and regular BacnetNetwork is optimization for the Distech controllers. Downloading and other network-intensive tasks through GFX require the network to slow polling. The regular BacnetNetwork doesn't respond well to these tasks and can cause instability, hence the reason Distech came out with their own network module.

For a quick fix you could swap everything to a BacnetNetwork. Just note that long term this could cause problems if anyone ever has to dig into the Distech controller programming.

9. Likes MaxBurn liked this post
    Post Likes
    I downloaded the service pack and can now get into the BCP network properties sheet but still showing wizard service in fault as well as if in platform admin and click on distribution file installer it comes up with an "error loading plugin". Suggestions?

Post Likes
    Delete wizard service, then re add it.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    Here are a couple of screenshots. Tried deleting but gave a template error. Also sent screenshot of how distribution file installer gives an error when trying to access
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Likes
    Try a clean install, commission then distech dist file. What version of ax? Won't work on older versions to well

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Post Likes
    EC-BOS-2

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast