Commercial Furnace Tune-Ups

I am wondering how much people charge for a commercial furnace tune-up? Also, is combustion efficiency always measured before and after the tune-up, and if so what kind of combustion efficiency increase might be expected from the tune-up? Its my understanding that pretty much all the can be done for furnaces in packaged units is to adjust the gas pressure to spec and clean/lubricate equipment. I'm just trying to figure out if you achieve noticeable gas savings with a tune-up program?

It's not about has savings... It's about extending the life of your unit and safety.

How long would you expect your unit to last if the gas pressure was 2" above manufactures specs? How unsafe would that be?

We don't discuss costs here.

This is not a DIY site. If you want specific answers get your post count up, show your creds, and apply for pro membership.
    UA LU189

10mm, because it's better than .45acp

Dirty burners can affect efficiency as much as 5%, a dirty blower will add to it as well. A dirty furnace will also affect the longevity of various components and parts as well.
    A simple clean and check service call twice a year for the furnace and a/c will safe you money.
    Behind the ostensible government sits enthroned an invisible government owing no allegiance and acknowledging no responsibility to the people.

Theodore Roosevelt

I did not realize there were such strict cost rules on the forum, that is understandable though. I am new to the forum and will not solicit any more cost data and will work on getting my post count up (I am at 2 per day so far...).

From a building owner perspective extending unit life is great, but utilities don't typically care about it. From a utility perspective tune-up programs must generate savings and it seems that a combustion analysis pre and post tune-up is a quick way to demonstrate potential savings. I just want to find out if these tune-ups are successful in reducing therms. Or perhaps they are just designed to keep equipment running longer, in which case it will be a difficult sell to get utilities to create incentive programs.

Thanks coolwhip! That's the kind of info I need. Hopefully I can get some CA utilities excited about this and get them paying to have the work done!

Dirty burners can increase CO production but can't really decrease efficiency. Most of the time their are adjustments possible to increase efficiency. Air and/or gas adjustments.

Their is only one place I know of that provides the whole story on how to increase gas furnace efficiency. http://www.nationalcomfortinstitute....ontraining.cfm