Hybrid View

AB to POE oil conversion

Has anyone changed out a racks oil from AB to POE? If so any problems? Thoughts? I want to this so we can change out the gas and get away from the HP80.
    We the unwilling, working for the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

It would be no different than changing from Mineral to POE. Maybe a few more oil changes.

I can definitely understand getting away from the HP80. What are you planning on going to?

I can't fix it if it won't stay broke..

Were going to retro to 404a.... HP80 is big $$$$$$ these days
    We the unwilling, working for the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

Have you looked into all the other work you are going to have to do for conversion? Gaskets. Certain types of ball valves. Just about anything that has a rubber gasket has to have the gasket changed.

Quote Originally Posted by CRussell1975 View Post
    Have you looked into all the other work you are going to have to do for conversion? Gaskets. Certain types of ball valves. Just about anything that has a rubber gasket has to have the gasket changed.
    Yes. Ive done a few smaller sattelite systems...just not an entire rack.

Its no different, just more of it.

One thing I have seen overlooked is the older ballmaster ball valves with the acorn nut. They leak.