How do I setup an Emerson Controller

I have an Emerson 834-0400 controller for a refrigeration rack and it has never been setup. I'm not even sure if the controller even works. My question is, do I need some special software to setup the controller? If I do need software does anyone know where I can obtain it?

Maybe these guys can help...

CPC
    (678) 784-2700
    The views and opinions posted here are my own. They do not reflect the corporate policies of my employer and will most likely get me fired at some point.

They aren't that difficult to program, really.

They are mostly a 'canned program'. Punch in the settings and it does the work.

http://www.emersonclimate.com/en-US/...s/Manuals.aspx

There's a link to the manuals.

If your gonna talk to folks about this, I suggest you call it an E2 RX-400 instead of an 834-0400.

Quick start

Go to http://www.emersonclimate.com/en-US/.../Pages/rx.aspx
    and download the manual. (you can browse the site for other manuals for other stuff too. You'll need some inputs and outputs to give it some value to you since it's not that much fun to play make-believe)

The E2 is thought of as a host controller that supports RS485, Modbus, Echelon devices. Without any of those items, it's a cool clock.

Power the 24VAC and ground the processor
    Turn on the battery switch inside the door
    The default level 4 login is username="USER" and password="PASS"
    After logging into the controller, answer a few simple questions to set up a minimum of applications (giving it something to do for you)
    Browse through the menus such as pressing the MENU button, select item 5, and select one application.
    Navigate to a field in any tab of the application and press the "?" button and it has built in help for the field options and use.
    Aside from that, you need to read the applications in the book to see what works best for you and try some programming! It is a few beers worth of study, then you should be a complete controls geek...

Emerson Controller

Thanks for the information, the controller sounds like it's staright foward. By the way, I'm already a controls freak