Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by thefreezerguy View Post
    Hey ReferTek, On a completely different note. I would love to talk to you about Supermarket work in Hawaii. Please PM me sometime or email me. Aloha!
    Hawaii is a tough nut. My email is on my profile. Hit me up.
    We the unwilling, working for the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I like Furnas too

Of all the contactors I have replaced, I always thought in the 40A and below range that Furnas had the the best product. It was the most interchangeable and always fit. It was priced right and never had problems at the jobsite (those unpredictable things). I have no problems getting them even now at a small distributor in town, but our largest distributor in town no longer has them in stock and has informed me they are no longer in production. I have now been using C&H and think they suck. I am looking for alternative manufactures for a better contactor that is in line with the Furnas. Any suggestions would be great.

www.lantric.ca great source for all brands of replacement contact kits...used to buy all the time...always worked out fine.
    Watts New, Ohm My, I been Electrically Commutated. Are U2.

Quote Originally Posted by golden1019 View Post
    Of all the contactors I have replaced, I always thought in the 40A and below range that Furnas had the the best product. It was the most interchangeable and always fit. It was priced right and never had problems at the jobsite (those unpredictable things). I have no problems getting them even now at a small distributor in town, but our largest distributor in town no longer has them in stock and has informed me they are no longer in production. I have now been using C&H and think they suck. I am looking for alternative manufactures for a better contactor that is in line with the Furnas. Any suggestions would be great.
    MARS is making the exact replacement.

As far as Furnas being the best. I'm not so sure (IMO). Don't get me wrong, I use them everyday. They are a good product mixed with affordability.

For a contactor to last a very long time the contacts need to have a higher silver content thus driving up the price. The NEMA rated square d is a good example.
    "Don't wish it were easier, wish you were better"

Quote Originally Posted by ReferTek View Post
    Will do!

I emailed you a while back. Did you get it? I would still like to talk to you about Hawaii.

Quote Originally Posted by thefreezerguy View Post
    I emailed you a while back. Did you get it? I would still like to talk to you about Hawaii.
    The locals probably found out he was trying to talk about refrigeration to outsiders and silenced him.

I imagine working a trade like refrigeration on an island is a small group of guys who don't appreciate outsiders trying to come in.

Quote Originally Posted by Phase Loss View Post
    The locals probably found out he was trying to talk about refrigeration to outsiders and silenced him.

I imagine working a trade like refrigeration on an island is a small group of guys who don't appreciate outsiders trying to come in.

I have heard it both ways. My old service manager worked there years ago for a one time install job. They wanted him to stay. I don't know what to think??? I am just going to look into it later this year when I am there..

I didnt get an email from you...unless its buried deep in the spam box!
    We the unwilling, working for the unknowing, are doing the impossible for the ungrateful. We have done so much with so little for so long, we are now qualified to do anything with nothing.

I didnt get an email from you...unless its buried deep in the spam box!

They do like there spam in Hawaii.
    I love the smell of phosgene first thing in the morning:

To apply for professional membership click here

Educational forums are open.

If you would like to submit a link or an article or other related info to the EF. click here

I'm seeing a lot of other brands using the cheaper contactors, they seem to have the same construction and are probably mace in the same Chinese factory

different names on the same contactors

GE
    Beacon
    MARS
    ABB
    Danfoss
    Rotom

i miss the Furnas cheapies!
    Sig removed by mod. G-Rated site

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12