Results 1 to 11 of 11
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    59

    Nice warm spot for a winter afternoon snooze...

    Unfortunately, it was a one way ticket down the flue pipe for this squirrel.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    4,381
    Sucks to be him

    Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using Tapatalk

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    229
    I am waiting for that call lmao. Actually, I am waiting for someone to replace the pressure switch and it still doesnt work.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    59

    Confused

    Quote Originally Posted by Redwood650 View Post
    I am waiting for that call lmao. Actually, I am waiting for someone to replace the pressure switch and it still doesnt work.
    Yeah, the call came in that the pilot light wouldn't stay lit. The maint guy had already been there and replaced the thermocouple, but that pilot light just kept blowing out when the inducer kicked on...

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Cincinnati, Oh
    Posts
    4,909
    I've replaced a furnace (cracked hx, diagnostic from a different company), and found that in a flue before.

    Homeowner wasn't to happy, but hey, we tried to tell him to let us look at it first!

    When I pulled my first squirell, he didn't have a nose. How about yours?
    "Better tell the sandman to stay away, because we're gonna be workin on this one all night."

    "Dude, you need more than 2 wires to a condenser to run a 2 stage heatpump."

    "Just get it done son."

    Dad adjusted

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    3,787
    your 100% positive that furnace has a slow opening gas valve? whats the model #

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    3,787
    just goes to show how safe that pressure switch really makes the furnace.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    your 100% positive that furnace has a slow opening gas valve? whats the model #
    I don't have the model number with me, I called the supply house to check, they looked it up and told me that it was a slow opening gas valve before I even told them what I had. I guess I took their word for it and didn't look any further. You think maybe it is the wrong one?

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by hvacvegas View Post
    I've replaced a furnace (cracked hx, diagnostic from a different company), and found that in a flue before.

    Homeowner wasn't to happy, but hey, we tried to tell him to let us look at it first!

    When I pulled my first squirell, he didn't have a nose. How about yours?
    The only way I could even tell it was a squirrel was by the tail. Nothing much to be recognized below that...

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Columbia, MD
    Posts
    3,787
    if its an in shot burner then its most likely wrong.

    did the burner look like this?
    http://www.americanhvacparts.com/Mer...r%20Inshot.bmp

    or is it a long ribbon type burner?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    59
    Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    if its an in shot burner then its most likely wrong.

    did the burner look like this?
    http://www.americanhvacparts.com/Mer...r%20Inshot.bmp

    or is it a long ribbon type burner?
    not the ribbon type, they were close to your pic, a little different style but similar.

    I'm interested to find out what the deal is. Once I realized it was a slow opening gas valve, and the supply house confirmed it should be, I didn't look any further. But I think I may have to do some more digging, why is it most likely wrong?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event