Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Yer right Wolf, they never show her feet. Gotta have some decent hooves on her. No shoe sponsor I suppose. She has done a lot for the sport,. Jimmie Johnson would have probably broke a nail if she hadnt shown him how to let go of the steering wheel.
    Never argue with a crazy man.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    I have not heard this but remember that she spent most of her life in England.

I also take extreme umbrage at your depiction of NASCAR fans, most I know (my wife and I included) are not stupid or simple minded. NASCAR is not the same as it was in the 50's and 60's. Attending a race is a considerable outlay of cash.

I would agree most NASCAR fans are conservative however, look at Tin Raines car it is sponsored by a PAC and had Rick Santorum name on the side for the Daytona week.
    No offense. I'm not saying NASCAR fans are stupid. It's the main stream media that depicts them as stupid BECAUSE they are mostly conservative; which is why they are taking advantage.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    People love T&A. If she was a guy with her skills you'd never hear of her. If she was a plain jane you would hardly hear of her. Guess what? Sex sells. And she is selling her ass off.
    In fairness to Tiger he did originally make a name for himself with his superior golf skills. Now its more of a TV reality show.

There are still a couple male drivers that if it wasn't for their last name or career path, they'd likely not be racing at the top level. It does go both ways.

I did laugh a little when she was accused of "covering her eyes" when she hit hte wall the other day. Please, the impacts sustained in indy car are way worse than NASCAR. Try hitting a wall in a open cockpit fof a smaller lighter vehicle and 220mph and compare to a impact in a fully caged stock car. Both are designed to absorb the impact.

Wait until we get to a road course and she smokes the entire field except the other former open wheel drivers. Ovals are as much about oval experience and car setup as driver skill. Road courses place more emphasis on more well rounded driver skills... you know thinks like shifting the car and threshold braking brakes.... other than just throttle modulation, steering and drafting skills. Darn the turning right thing.

Didn;t she get a pole position the other day?

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    No offense. I'm not saying NASCAR fans are stupid. It's the main stream media that depicts them as stupid BECAUSE they are mostly conservative; which is why they are taking advantage.

I don't think it's "Stupid' as much as they are characterised as unrefined and somewhat simple. Nothing wrong with that really. I think it depends a lot of where the racetrakc is located.

Quite honestly I think there a good solid cross section of the US (other than minorities) that watch NASCAR. Rmember 50% of the population doesn't even earn enough ot pax income taxes. Our corss section is made up of predominantly pepple livign relatively simple lives with limited resources. It's not stupid... just ignorrance.

My wife is a mortgage lender. Turst me a large percentage of the public are very, very ignorrant... and a many of those that fail to grasp basic concepts involve personal finance and borrowing, are often see with T shirts or hats with their favorite driver.

That beign said, I don't think you'll see more affluent folks even if they are NASCAR fans wearing T-shirts and baseball caps with theri favorite driver. So it's perhaps a unfair comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    How do you know she knew he would not touch her, there is no evidence she has ever asked for any preferential treatment from anyone because of her gender.

I doubt that NASCAR will react any different with her than anyone else; there are a number of young women competing at various levels through NASCARS various venues.

Danica is making it possible for other young women to make inroads into the sport just as Janet Guthrie and Shana Robinson did for her.

I root for Danica (in spite of her driving a Chevy) because I like her grit and I would really like to see a women do well. I intend to support my Granddaughters in go carts if they wish and would love for them to someday follow where Danica has gone.

Consider this Danica was in some serious wrecks over the course of the Daytona week and never complained other than about the stupidity of her teammate wrecking her which he deserved.
    I'm not saying she asked for any different treatment, that would be suicide, but there is no way a man is going to hit her either. That would be suicide as well. As far as not whining about being wrecked, that is the way professionals are supposed to act. I don't wish her ill, but I just don't see her around in a few years, just like the other ladies you mentioned.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12