Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 18

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,640

    What color shoes is Danicka Patrick wearing today?

    http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...134041477.html
    Patrick's yearbook photo!!!

    every...freaking...day...for the yast two weeks there's been a new Danica Patrick story in the news.

    the media CHOOSING OUR favorite sports stars because of their obsession with race and gender.

    Tiger Woods, WHO THE HELL CARES?
    i noticed that most of the time the media talked about him , he didn't win the match.
    we were lucky to here the name of the person who actually won.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    6,323
    What do you have against Danica, she is a tlaented driver that is working hard to learn a new skill. She has done a good job just had some bad luck. She is bringing a great deal of atention to NASCAR which is good for the sport.

    I see nothing negtive about Danica!

    On the other hand who cares about Tiger!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    What do you have against Danica, she is a tlaented driver that is working hard to learn a new skill. She has done a good job just had some bad luck. She is bringing a great deal of atention to NASCAR which is good for the sport.

    I see nothing negtive about Danica!

    On the other hand who cares about Tiger!

    I for one can't stand her. Those Go Daddy comercials are a joke... sure she's not bad to look at, but does she want to be taken seriously as a driver or not? Here's a woman young girls might want to look up to but oh, wait a minute...she's going to take her chance to be a role model and use it to sell websites wearing a bikini.

    Not to mention, she's an average driver at best who's constantly whining over the radio to her crew. I also remember a time where there was a crash and she was arguing with Dan Wheldon and he turned and walked away from her. She went into ***** mode and grabbed his arm and spun him around and got in his face. What a "tough, take no guff kinda gal..." yuck. What was Wheldon supposed to do except stand there and take it? Oh well, I guess you struck a nerve.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    6,323
    Quote Originally Posted by dudeabides View Post
    I for one can't stand her. Those Go Daddy comercials are a joke... sure she's not bad to look at, but does she want to be taken seriously as a driver or not? Here's a woman young girls might want to look up to but oh, wait a minute...she's going to take her chance to be a role model and use it to sell websites wearing a bikini.

    Not to mention, she's an average driver at best who's constantly whining over the radio to her crew. I also remember a time where there was a crash and she was arguing with Dan Wheldon and he turned and walked away from her. She went into ***** mode and grabbed his arm and spun him around and got in his face. What a "tough, take no guff kinda gal..." yuck. What was Wheldon supposed to do except stand there and take it? Oh well, I guess you struck a nerve.
    OK she has made some photo shoots in a bikini including Sports Illustrated, do you feel the same way about Christy Brinkley, Tara Banks or any of the other swimsuit models. Yes she is attractive but she has never done any nudes or anything distasteful. Her appearance is an asset and demeanor is an asset and that means she can get advertising dollars. It is very hard right now to get funding for race cars and GoDaddy has been with her for a long time. They are the one that guided her into NASCAR away from Indy Car because NASCAR has a much larger audience and longer season that Indy Car.

    AS far as Wheldon and their confrontation he was wrong that day and she is very passionate about her job just as many drivers are. A physical confrontation between her and Wheldon would have been just about as fair as Montoya and Carl Edwards.

    Danica is not whining on the radio to her crews in NASCAR she has been very receptive to instruction from her crew chiefs and other drivers. By all accounts her crew chiefs in Nationwide and Cup have praised her roundly. The majority of her wrecks especially all of them this year were inflicted upon her not her fault.

    She has made great strides in the last two years and is doing it right; look at how poorly other open wheel drivers had done in the transition. Dario Franchiti has one Indy several times and been the Indy Car champ at least twice and he did not last one year in Cup and Montoya a former Indy winner and Formula One Champion he is less than mediocre and he has been in cup for six years

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    1,032
    i am more interested in what colour is the clothing over her skin and under her racing suit. i bet it's real nice. who cares about the shoes...
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

    RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,273
    The reason she is getting attention is because of her statement that she trust's the government to make healthcare decisions for her. The liberal media is jumping all over this because it's a chance to sway the "stupid simple minded conservative NASCAR audience" into a "see, Danica agrees with Obama" mindset.

    To quote the Dead: But I used to love her, but it's all over now, over now...over now..OVER NOW!

    And don't anyone come back and say it was not a Dead original....I know that.
    Last edited by Gib's Son; 02-29-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    May 2002
    Location
    Houston Texas
    Posts
    6,323
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    The reason she is getting attention is because of her statement that she trust's the government to make healthcare decisions for her. The liberal media is jumping all over this because it's a chance to sway the "stupid simple minded conservative NASCAR audience" into a "see, Danica agrees with Obama" mindset.

    To quote the Dead: But I used to love her, but it's all over now, over now...over now..OVER NOW!

    And don't anyone come back and say it was not a Dead original....I know that.
    I have not heard this but remember that she spent most of her life in England.

    I also take extreme umbrage at your depiction of NASCAR fans, most I know (my wife and I included) are not stupid or simple minded. NASCAR is not the same as it was in the 50's and 60's. Attending a race is a considerable outlay of cash.

    I would agree most NASCAR fans are conservative however, look at Tin Raines car it is sponsored by a PAC and had Rick Santorum name on the side for the Daytona week.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,983
    People love T&A. If she was a guy with her skills you'd never hear of her. If she was a plain jane you would hardly hear of her. Guess what? Sex sells. And she is selling her ass off.
    In fairness to Tiger he did originally make a name for himself with his superior golf skills. Now its more of a TV reality show.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Keokuk, IA
    Posts
    5,520
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    People love T&A. If she was a guy with her skills you'd never hear of her. If she was a plain jane you would hardly hear of her. Guess what? Sex sells. And she is selling her ass off.
    In fairness to Tiger he did originally make a name for himself with his superior golf skills. Now its more of a TV reality show.

    There are still a couple male drivers that if it wasn't for their last name or career path, they'd likely not be racing at the top level. It does go both ways.

    I did laugh a little when she was accused of "covering her eyes" when she hit hte wall the other day. Please, the impacts sustained in indy car are way worse than NASCAR. Try hitting a wall in a open cockpit fof a smaller lighter vehicle and 220mph and compare to a impact in a fully caged stock car. Both are designed to absorb the impact.

    Wait until we get to a road course and she smokes the entire field except the other former open wheel drivers. Ovals are as much about oval experience and car setup as driver skill. Road courses place more emphasis on more well rounded driver skills... you know thinks like shifting the car and threshold braking brakes.... other than just throttle modulation, steering and drafting skills. Darn the turning right thing.

    Didn;t she get a pole position the other day?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Boise, ID
    Posts
    4,273
    Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    I have not heard this but remember that she spent most of her life in England.

    I also take extreme umbrage at your depiction of NASCAR fans, most I know (my wife and I included) are not stupid or simple minded. NASCAR is not the same as it was in the 50's and 60's. Attending a race is a considerable outlay of cash.

    I would agree most NASCAR fans are conservative however, look at Tin Raines car it is sponsored by a PAC and had Rick Santorum name on the side for the Daytona week.
    No offense. I'm not saying NASCAR fans are stupid. It's the main stream media that depicts them as stupid BECAUSE they are mostly conservative; which is why they are taking advantage.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Keokuk, IA
    Posts
    5,520
    Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    No offense. I'm not saying NASCAR fans are stupid. It's the main stream media that depicts them as stupid BECAUSE they are mostly conservative; which is why they are taking advantage.

    I don't think it's "Stupid' as much as they are characterised as unrefined and somewhat simple. Nothing wrong with that really. I think it depends a lot of where the racetrakc is located.

    Quite honestly I think there a good solid cross section of the US (other than minorities) that watch NASCAR. Rmember 50% of the population doesn't even earn enough ot pax income taxes. Our corss section is made up of predominantly pepple livign relatively simple lives with limited resources. It's not stupid... just ignorrance.

    My wife is a mortgage lender. Turst me a large percentage of the public are very, very ignorrant... and a many of those that fail to grasp basic concepts involve personal finance and borrowing, are often see with T shirts or hats with their favorite driver.

    That beign said, I don't think you'll see more affluent folks even if they are NASCAR fans wearing T-shirts and baseball caps with theri favorite driver. So it's perhaps a unfair comparison.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Afton, VA / Khorat, Thailand
    Posts
    2,469
    She's another novelty at best. And with her views about who knows whats best for us, she won't be around long.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

    Midnight Sun Astrophotography

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    329
    Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    OK she has made some photo shoots in a bikini including Sports Illustrated, do you feel the same way about Christy Brinkley, Tara Banks or any of the other swimsuit models. Yes she is attractive but she has never done any nudes or anything distasteful. Her appearance is an asset and demeanor is an asset and that means she can get advertising dollars. ]
    They're models and that's all they are. Nobody expects anything else from them. Danica Patrick is supposed to be a driver and she takes away from it when she go daddy ads. Do a google image search of her. Some of her photos and commercials may not be distasteful, but they're borderline. I found this one though. Talk about distasteful!




    And that thing with Wheldon... my point was she grabbed his arm knowing he wouldn't touch her because she's a woman. That was unfair to Wheldon.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event