Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CARRIER/BRYANT

CARRIER/BRYANT

Talked to a builder who pays in full every 30 days and wants me to use bryant furnaces (legacy series) in some new builds.So what are the issues with these anyway most installs are single stage nothing special.

So what is the problem? If he wants Bryant then install Bryant. There is nothing wrong with Bryant and everyone will be happy. I just don't understand what you are really asking.

No problem at all but i do have to honor a 2 year warranty so that means more parts to stock ect ect.and the brtant dealer will want some kind of commitment to get the good pricing so i would have to use elsewhere also,i offer trane/a/s and broan at the moment.

They're just as good as any other brand. If you're putting 90% models just be sure to read the venting tables first because it's probably different than your current brands.

Nothing but good experience with Bryant equipment.

The only issues I have encountered with Bryant/Carrier within the first two years are; 1)90%+ models should be run AT LEAST 30 minutes upon start-up to be sure that the mfg coating in the secondary gets heated and flushed out or you may end up going back to replace your secondary later.
    2)the ducts better be sized properly (like all the others) or you may go through your motor controllers quickly (on variable speed motors).
    3)set up your dip switches properly upon start-up.

In the state of Michigan you have to be a Bryant dealer to purchase Bryant. Where are you located? If I was you I would get a letter from your Builder and his architect stating this is this brand furnace they require in their new project.And submit that to a distributor for pricing. If you need Bryant no distributor will turn you away.I hope your builder is building alot of these houses. Then again I guess things are differant state by state. My son tells me you don't need a mechanical license in Oak Park ,Illinois. To run heating and cooling company. Personally that sounds like it would create problems! Good Luck to you!

I've worked for Carrier/Bryant/Payne dealers for 12 years and really like the equipment. It's consistently reliable, and when annual maintenance is performed, high probability the furnaces will perform well for many years. I agree with ChrisMechTech, run each unit for a minimum 30 minutes at initial startup to give it the best chance to condition the hx properly. Good luck!

i have a bryant label on my truck good units.

rfead venting tables......read venting tables......read venting tables...

o yah...did i mention about the tables....

we just recently had a venting issue.....generally we install 2 stage/ 3 stage/modulating furnaces..

so when our highly qualified installer put in a single stage hi eff. with less than 15 ft of vent pipe...there was a restrictor plate that he did not use....didnt even know what it was for....

turns out the furnace( a 60 000) required this crazy thing...only furnace in the line....60000 btuh,single stage, less than 15 ft venting.....

and this is not the normal white plastic restrictor plate that we use all day long, it is in addition to that!!!!

read the venting tables.....

Please, Please Please......keep the Factory Smoke in the Wires!!!!!

Is it Rum'Oclock yet???

Here's a new flash. Neither Bryant nor Carrier supply their own parts under their own name, except for branded things like t-stats. All internal components are sold through their Totaline parts branch and the parts for Carrier and Bryant furnaces are identical in every manner and are in fact, interchangable. For all intents and purposes, the Bryant product and Carrier product are the same with furnaces, HP outdoor units and AC condensers having different model numbers. Air handlers, electric heaters, etc. are all the same model numbers. The ONLY difference you'll really find between the two is that Carrier always gets the new models first (Greenspeed was out for 1-year before the Bryant Extreme (same machine, different model no.) hit the market and sometimes UTC will give Carrier a 1-SEER or 1-AFUE higher number than they'll put on the Bryant product. This has to do with some sort of patent, so I'm told.

So there are no additional parts to stock for Bryant if you're already stocking for Carrier. Different contracts exist regarding who can purchase what in different areas of the country. Some areas you can purchase either brand. Other areas are segregated. New England is segregated due to long standing contracts with the Carrier distributor. But when it comes to billing for products and parts, it's all from Carrier Enterprises.
    If YOU want change, YOU have to first change.

If you are waiting for the 'other guy' to change first, just remember, you're the 'other guy's' other guy. To continue to expect real change when you keep acting the same way as always, is folly. Won't happen. Real change will only happen when a majority of the people change the way they vote!

The only issues I have with Carrier/Bryant is with their residential package units and commercial equipment. As fas as residential split systems, go I feel it is a good product and well worth installing.

Like any product, it all comes down to quality of install. Really good tips from other members on here.
    Do your homework, call tech support if needed, and read the tables. Proper setup is key as previously mentioned, dip switches, etc...
    Nothing wrong with a Bryant if it's been properly installed/setup.

Good luck.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast