Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Lightbulb

Well, I guess it was a matter of time before it happened. A newer, perhaps improved version of the highly acclaimed Drain Blaster 2000. Although full bragging rights go to the questionable thought proceses of the ever vigilent birth giver, Payson, I ended up making some changes that I think are safer and perhaps closer to what Payson suggested he was looking to do by going shorter and fatter with a new design. truth is, I couldn't find the parts I needed in Home Depot or Lowe's and stumbled on a few other items that really made a difference. See below:

This is a Potable Water Expansion Tank with an aray of fittings and a valve to make it do the Blaster Thing.

A Closer Look!

One of the neet features of this thing is it comes with the tire valve already welded in so charging is easy! Comes with the plastic protector thingie to prevent what Payson was complaining about on his cuz it kept getting hit.

Unit IS rated for 150 lbs of pressure! So no worries about the glue or PVC holding up.

A bunch of fittings made up to handle most jobs. i use this for household sinks as well. If you look close one of the fittings is a coupler use in air compressors so I can use an old charging hose and an air gun (or whateve) to spray condenser down or even the dog, or the neighbors dogs! Wife, kids, Me when its hot, you get the idea!

A close look at the ball valve... What you see here is a flexible hot water heater line attached cuz it screws easily into 3/4 thread. there are several other fitting that allow me to hook directly and easily to any garden hose spicket and charge with water while letting the air out the back.
    Now I have an air compressor in the van so I use compressed air but Nitro will work fine. Also, the unit has a rubber bellow in it so air and water do not mix. That means it work in any direction!

This the same however with out the hose. You can configure this thing any freaking way you want. Pretty Cheap too!
    this particular gizmo has a hole in the end of it but stretches like a balloon to adhear to the side of the pipe which holds all the pressure in till the obsticle is out. Kinda like that clog coommercial where the hair ball lands on someones table in France but the clog was blown out in America! This'll do it!

Hope you like this!

David in Sunny South Florida!

[Edited by scoho on 05-04-2006 at 09:36 AM]
    Don't argue with an idiot, you'll have to go down to their level and they'll beat you with experience!
    New and Improved, Drain Blaster 2006 Thread
    www.AIR-WIZZ.com

looks good accept:

But i am , how do you fill it up with water?if there is still air pressure under the bellow?
    Or do you fill direct on a watertap with waterpressure?
    .................................................. ......................
    ---------Holland aint flat !!! it is hollow !----------- first thing my mommy told me was : learn to swim

It's super easy to fill up. Using fittings, It connects directly to a water spicket or a garden hose. If I want a lot of pressure I let the air out while filling the unit with water and then refill with air at the van. Super easy!
    Truth is, if you match the air pressure with the water pressure on any spicket, it works fine like that. You usually dont have to use more pressure than that. You wont have to add air at all! If I really want to make sure there is alot of water, then I do as I mentioned above and let air out and then refill.
    If it had just water in there the pressure would fizzle out immediatly but the air behind the bellows acts like a spring and keeps pushing water out at a decreasing rate. I used it to rinse a condensor off that did not have a garden hose near by. I hooked up to the spicket in the front of the house and left about the same amount of air pressure as water pressure in it. I used the air compressor fitting to connect a charging hose to a blow gun and had a great water gun. Was able to do the whole thing in one shot.
    P.S. Is anything made in USA anymore?

I'll make a small video or series of pix to demonstrate filling it up and the power it has within the next day or so.
    It'll be fun!

[Edited by scoho on 05-05-2006 at 03:39 AM]
    Don't argue with an idiot, you'll have to go down to their level and they'll beat you with experience!
    www.AIR-WIZZ.com

Men,. i can't wait. Nice to see something like that, iám thinking of building one myself , than i can finally win from my son with his super soaker
    ---------Holland aint flat !!! it is hollow !----------- first thing my mommy told me was : learn to swim

why did you hook up your butt plug to it

were you backed up LOL

Butt Plug

Originally posted by outside rep
    why did you hook up your butt plug to it

were you backed up LOL
    I Wasn't gonna go there but, In a pinch, it'll work. Although I would save it for last resort!

P.S. Someone makes the "Butt Plug" thing that fits inside a 3/4 condensate drain line and has a 1/4" male flare on it for charging hoses. I forget who, but do any of you have it and is it good?
    www.AIR-WIZZ.com

Videos and Pix!

Well, here are the pix and videos you requested. They are low quality but download pretty quick. You get to see my wife, Gloria, displaying the unit as well as a demonstration of its power. In case you can't see it, the unit sprayed over 60 feet through a 1/4" orifice. You can soak the crap out of your kids and if you take the fitting of the end and use the 3/4" opening, you have a 5 second shot of water that will knock your kids off their feet! I use an air blow gun on the end to clean condensors, my feet & hands, or even ducksh!t off the back porch. Sometimes, I knock the ducks off the porch.
    You feed 'em and they sh!t all over you!

You can buy all the parts through Home Depot.

Click here for pix and videos of Drain Blaster 2006

[Edited by scoho on 05-31-2006 at 11:05 PM]
    www.AIR-WIZZ.com

I so gotta build me one of them!
    "If you call that hard work, a koala’s life would look heroic."

Nice blaster, nice t shirt.

Who you work for Scoho

im in West Palm Beach

Originally posted by imperix
    Who you work for Scoho

im in West Palm Beach
    Currently a Supervisor of maintenance for Largest Government Transit agency in Miami and in the process of obtaining my State Cert. HVAC-A Licence for my own biz. Not working outside of MDT at the moment. Hopefully be up and running by next season. All my waking moments spent studying right now.
    www.AIR-WIZZ.com

Talking

EWWW i hated the bookwork god that part was horrible study study study no more sleep forever

Man, your not kidding. I have ADD as well and am on NO meds so concentrating is tricky; however, the flip side is I retain like crazy and recall everything in the field. When I hit an interesting subject, I fly through it. The safety stuff about ropes was fun. For some reason Liens were cool (That makes no sense) but when I hit the technical A/C books I hit stride! The state statute stuff is miserable! Sometimes I read the same paragraph ten tims cuz I drift off in the middle. Boring!
    I'm Shooting for the September 15 deadline to take the October test.
    www.AIR-WIZZ.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast