What color shoes is Danicka Patrick wearing today?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

What color shoes is Danicka Patrick wearing today?

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...134041477.html
    Patrick's yearbook photo!!!

every...freaking...day...for the yast two weeks there's been a new Danica Patrick story in the news.

the media CHOOSING OUR favorite sports stars because of their obsession with race and gender.

Tiger Woods, WHO THE HELL CARES?
    i noticed that most of the time the media talked about him , he didn't win the match.
    we were lucky to here the name of the person who actually won.

What do you have against Danica, she is a tlaented driver that is working hard to learn a new skill. She has done a good job just had some bad luck. She is bringing a great deal of atention to NASCAR which is good for the sport.

I see nothing negtive about Danica!

On the other hand who cares about Tiger!

i am more interested in what colour is the clothing over her skin and under her racing suit. i bet it's real nice. who cares about the shoes...
    Parts Changer Extraordinaire
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Have tools and gauges, will travel.

RIDGID|YELLOW JACKET|UEI|TESTO|STANLEY|CPS|VETO| KLEIN|MILWAUKEE|MASTERCRAFT|

The reason she is getting attention is because of her statement that she trust's the government to make healthcare decisions for her. The liberal media is jumping all over this because it's a chance to sway the "stupid simple minded conservative NASCAR audience" into a "see, Danica agrees with Obama" mindset.

To quote the Dead: But I used to love her, but it's all over now, over now...over now..OVER NOW!

And don't anyone come back and say it was not a Dead original....I know that.
    Last edited by Gib's Son; 02-29-2012 at 08:44 PM.
    If a nation expects to be ignorant and free, in a state of civilization, it expects what will never be. (Thomas Jefferson 1816)

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    What do you have against Danica, she is a tlaented driver that is working hard to learn a new skill. She has done a good job just had some bad luck. She is bringing a great deal of atention to NASCAR which is good for the sport.

I see nothing negtive about Danica!

On the other hand who cares about Tiger!

I for one can't stand her. Those Go Daddy comercials are a joke... sure she's not bad to look at, but does she want to be taken seriously as a driver or not? Here's a woman young girls might want to look up to but oh, wait a minute...she's going to take her chance to be a role model and use it to sell websites wearing a bikini.

Not to mention, she's an average driver at best who's constantly whining over the radio to her crew. I also remember a time where there was a crash and she was arguing with Dan Wheldon and he turned and walked away from her. She went into ***** mode and grabbed his arm and spun him around and got in his face. What a "tough, take no guff kinda gal..." yuck. What was Wheldon supposed to do except stand there and take it? Oh well, I guess you struck a nerve.

She's another novelty at best. And with her views about who knows whats best for us, she won't be around long.
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by Gib's Son View Post
    The reason she is getting attention is because of her statement that she trust's the government to make healthcare decisions for her. The liberal media is jumping all over this because it's a chance to sway the "stupid simple minded conservative NASCAR audience" into a "see, Danica agrees with Obama" mindset.

To quote the Dead: But I used to love her, but it's all over now, over now...over now..OVER NOW!

And don't anyone come back and say it was not a Dead original....I know that.
    I have not heard this but remember that she spent most of her life in England.

I also take extreme umbrage at your depiction of NASCAR fans, most I know (my wife and I included) are not stupid or simple minded. NASCAR is not the same as it was in the 50's and 60's. Attending a race is a considerable outlay of cash.

I would agree most NASCAR fans are conservative however, look at Tin Raines car it is sponsored by a PAC and had Rick Santorum name on the side for the Daytona week.

People love T&A. If she was a guy with her skills you'd never hear of her. If she was a plain jane you would hardly hear of her. Guess what? Sex sells. And she is selling her ass off.
    In fairness to Tiger he did originally make a name for himself with his superior golf skills. Now its more of a TV reality show.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeabides View Post
    I for one can't stand her. Those Go Daddy comercials are a joke... sure she's not bad to look at, but does she want to be taken seriously as a driver or not? Here's a woman young girls might want to look up to but oh, wait a minute...she's going to take her chance to be a role model and use it to sell websites wearing a bikini.

Not to mention, she's an average driver at best who's constantly whining over the radio to her crew. I also remember a time where there was a crash and she was arguing with Dan Wheldon and he turned and walked away from her. She went into ***** mode and grabbed his arm and spun him around and got in his face. What a "tough, take no guff kinda gal..." yuck. What was Wheldon supposed to do except stand there and take it? Oh well, I guess you struck a nerve.
    OK she has made some photo shoots in a bikini including Sports Illustrated, do you feel the same way about Christy Brinkley, Tara Banks or any of the other swimsuit models. Yes she is attractive but she has never done any nudes or anything distasteful. Her appearance is an asset and demeanor is an asset and that means she can get advertising dollars. It is very hard right now to get funding for race cars and GoDaddy has been with her for a long time. They are the one that guided her into NASCAR away from Indy Car because NASCAR has a much larger audience and longer season that Indy Car.

AS far as Wheldon and their confrontation he was wrong that day and she is very passionate about her job just as many drivers are. A physical confrontation between her and Wheldon would have been just about as fair as Montoya and Carl Edwards.

Danica is not whining on the radio to her crews in NASCAR she has been very receptive to instruction from her crew chiefs and other drivers. By all accounts her crew chiefs in Nationwide and Cup have praised her roundly. The majority of her wrecks especially all of them this year were inflicted upon her not her fault.

She has made great strides in the last two years and is doing it right; look at how poorly other open wheel drivers had done in the transition. Dario Franchiti has one Indy several times and been the Indy Car champ at least twice and he did not last one year in Cup and Montoya a former Indy winner and Formula One Champion he is less than mediocre and he has been in cup for six years

Quote Originally Posted by classical View Post
    OK she has made some photo shoots in a bikini including Sports Illustrated, do you feel the same way about Christy Brinkley, Tara Banks or any of the other swimsuit models. Yes she is attractive but she has never done any nudes or anything distasteful. Her appearance is an asset and demeanor is an asset and that means she can get advertising dollars. ]
    They're models and that's all they are. Nobody expects anything else from them. Danica Patrick is supposed to be a driver and she takes away from it when she go daddy ads. Do a google image search of her. Some of her photos and commercials may not be distasteful, but they're borderline. I found this one though. Talk about distasteful!

And that thing with Wheldon... my point was she grabbed his arm knowing he wouldn't touch her because she's a woman. That was unfair to Wheldon.

Let's be realistic. She is a somewhat attractive woman who is doing a fair job competing in what has been a man's sport.

Yes, somewhat attractive. She's cute, she is not gorgeous.

Yes, fairly competitive. She's a good driver, not a great driver (at least yet).

This is to take nothing away from her. She has marketed herself brilliantly. And in the business world (and Nascar is a business), that is what counts.

Quote Originally Posted by dudeabides View Post

And that thing with Wheldon... my point was she grabbed his arm knowing he wouldn't touch her because she's a woman. That was unfair to Wheldon.
    Exactly...Too much PC $hit. What, now they gotta tuck in their shirt or something?OOOh, can't hit the girl. Bull.....If she wants to play with the boys, she better be able to. Didn't they say "have at it boys"? That better include her as well....They better not change the rules because of some Go Daddy chick, that'll cost 'em........
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    Exactly...Too much PC $hit. What, now they gotta tuck in their shirt or something?OOOh, can't hit the girl. Bull.....If she wants to play with the boys, she better be able to. Didn't they say "have at it boys"? That better include her as well....They better not change the rules because of some Go Daddy chick, that'll cost 'em........
    How do you know she knew he would not touch her, there is no evidence she has ever asked for any preferential treatment from anyone because of her gender.

I doubt that NASCAR will react any different with her than anyone else; there are a number of young women competing at various levels through NASCARS various venues.

Danica is making it possible for other young women to make inroads into the sport just as Janet Guthrie and Shana Robinson did for her.

I root for Danica (in spite of her driving a Chevy) because I like her grit and I would really like to see a women do well. I intend to support my Granddaughters in go carts if they wish and would love for them to someday follow where Danica has gone.

Consider this Danica was in some serious wrecks over the course of the Daytona week and never complained other than about the stupidity of her teammate wrecking her which he deserved.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast