Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    http://thankyoustephencolbert.org/

Scroll down to get to the three video links.

Hilarious.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Its always funny when a liberal does it. It's usually bigotry, hate, and intollerance when a conservative does it. I did not vote for Bush but this was hardly funny. My 6 year old son is more entertaining than this. Sorry, but I find Colbert to be like that annoying outside sales rep who brings doughnut to my shop and tries to sell me on his product.

[Edited by daytonafan on 05-04-2006 at 09:52 PM]

Originally posted by daytonafan
    Its always funny when a liberal does it. It's usually bigotry, hate, and intollerance when a conservative does it. I did not vote for Bush but this was hardly funny. My 6 year old son is more entertaining than this. Sorry, but I find Colbert to be like that annoying outside sales rep who brings doughnut to my shop and tries to sell me on his product.

What I wouldn't have given to be invited to the same event during the Carter administration.

I thought you two were Libertarians?
    That's what they'd have you believe. They're actually left wing pinko homo libs.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

What's it like

Living in that glass house, Len ??
    Life goes on long after the thrill of living is gone.

So because I'm a Libertarian I can't laugh at a guy who slams a republican president? I can only laugh at the peoples jokes who conform 100% to my own personal philosophy on politics?

The nice thing about being a Libertarian is that I can criticize both repubs and dems.

Originally posted by braces4impact
    So because I'm a Libertarian I can't laugh at a guy who slams a republican president? I can only laugh at the peoples jokes who conform 100% to my own personal philosophy on politics?

The nice thing about being a Libertarian is that I can criticize both repubs and dems.
    Libertarians are people too ashamed to say they are Democrats. They say they will criticize democrats, but they don't have that much time and wouldn't if they did. .

Originally posted by daytonafan

[Edited by daytonafan on 05-04-2006 at 09:52 PM]
    Funny is funny. Liberal or Conservative.

Hell, james is to the right of the John Birch Society but I think he has great sense of humor and I constantly find myself roaring at what he has written even when some of that is directed at me.

Of course it is funnier when it's not your ox that is being gored.

I look at Colbert as a less serious Lenny Bruce. He has all the bite and wit of Lenny but in a more humorous framework.

Hell, I thought Shrub's act was hilarious. I'll give him credit for poking fun at himself. Maybe he and the impersonator should look for more gigs. Could be something for Bush to do after he leaves office.

Colbert was a gas.

Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Colbert is ok. I like him better with Jon Stewart where there is not quite so much of him at one time though.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

My thoughts exactly robo.
    KX500......the original big green meanie

Republicans have no sense of humor. Humor which does not support the party line will be outlawed.

Originally posted by refrigeration mafia
    Republicans have no sense of humor. Humor which does not support the party line will be outlawed.
    Yeah. I noticed that. They took Colbert off in cuffs. He's in some prison in Eastern Europe now.
    No reserve. No retreat. No regrets.

For those who have fought for it, freedom has a sweetness the protected will never know.

http://www.airwarvietnam.com/16thSOSGunners2.jpg

Proud member of KA Club

Saying that Republicans don't have a sense of humor is just innacurate. I watch political pundents all of the time and mostly they go after Republicans just because of the nature of show business attracting mostly liberal minded persons.

Most times what the pundents are making fun of is accurate to make fun of, and I laugh at the errors of those I vote for and respect.

The major problem comes when a conservative minded person has the audacity to quip a liberal. Oh my gosh! Civil rights....political correctness....my eensy weensy wittle feelings have been hurt and I'm so offended. Damned little commie pusses can't take a joke if its at their own expense.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast