+ Reply to Thread

Thread: another changeout

Post Likes
    high end changeout- 5 ton 410a system...2 stage variable heat and 2 stage a/c (21 seer). media filter and humid. alot of extras that cant be seen ( chimney liner, add a return, new stat wire etc). just curious...would most of you guys get this done in one day? alot of guys come to the comp i work for and are amazed we get one day for stuff...seems like enough time to me...just a little OT. i had a cased coil, but with the return air base underneath it was to high to use, no tranny room.

before:

like the doors?

after:

these condensors are monsters:

i didn't love every thing on this job, but there was just too much work to nitpick my guys. overall okay i guess.

Post Likes

Nice install but

Looks very nice in picture, I would be happy with the install your guys did. Only thing I would have done differently would be to turn the furnace around to face out ward, why bust your b u t t with future service?

Post Likes
    Was the "before" condenser sitting on bare ground?
    If so, is that common?

Post Likes
    I thought you had to have a return on both sides for a 5 ton system. Are you sure that air cleaner can handle 2000 cfm going through it?
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Post Likes
    1 day how many guys 2 or 3?

Thats something I could get my guys to do in a day with like 1.5 hrs ot. Metal is already made just put it together. Looks nice.

Post Likes
    ahhh nevermind, I see that you ran the return air through the filter & then through the bottom of the furnace. I've never seen it done like that before.
    Life is like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today might burn your ass tomorrow.

Post Likes
    very very nice ...double union on the trap .. nice!... one tiny thing .. those black zip ties choking the crap out of the armaflex on the cond. unit will probably cause it to crack easier & fall apart .... other that that as the great larry david would say .. "thats pretty pretty good"

Post Likes
    nice looking work. as said by others i would have turned heater. we just did 2 of those systems in the last week. 2 guys 9am start, trucks headed back to shop at 430. thats a long day for us on an install. no metal made ahead of time. new t stat wires and relocated outdoor unit on both. both customers liked to crap when they saw xc21 units.

Post Likes
    C'mon man! Whats up with the unit so close to the wall? You obviously didn't look at this thing with a service perspective. It could have easily been turned around being a 90+.

Are there enough zip ties on that suction line?

Post Likes
    in the first picture, please tell me that the doors were on that way all the time. it looks like a downflow the way the doors on in that picture.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by couch
    in the first picture, please tell me that the doors were on that way all the time. it looks like a downflow the way the doors on in that picture.

some dummy put the doors on wrong. i see that from time to time. last one was on a york unit.

Post Likes
    Originally posted by 2hot2coolme
    C'mon man! Whats up with the unit so close to the wall? You obviously didn't look at this thing with a service perspective. It could have easily been turned around being a 90+.

Are there enough zip ties on that suction line?
    from the one pic with the washer in it it looks like there is enough room where it isn't too tight. I see a lot of guys in the field with the big belly and who are overweight. Maybe some of these tight situations make the guys think about eating healthier or exercising a bit more. I always love being sent to jobs that have attics or crawl spaces that the other guys said they couldn't fit in.

Post Likes
    yeah...you guys are right, the furnace would definitely be better turned the other way....there is 36" to the wall though(had to measure before i put the air cleaner in). i did consider moving it, but in this area so many basements get finished and with these being new homeowners i decided to leave it.
    as far as help...it was 2 mechanics and 2 helpers. and i wish we had our metal made before we got there, but we make it all. this one sucked cause the whole plenum got changed, no tranny on this day.

Post Likes
    see in a way that is thinking ahead .. if they finish the basement it gives them more space for sure .. as a service dude, i dont like it tight but.. it is what it is .

Post Likes
    Why did you come out of the disconnect with a 90 degree connector and a str. connector out of the unit. You should come out of the disconnect with the straight and put the 90 in the unit turned down with at lest 12 more inches of seal-tite.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in