Thread: aspera?

aspera?

Well it turns out the grease guy is not so bad. After I got his ice machine going(with help from this forum) he lead me to a room with a big True TS49f freezer in pretty good shape but no shelves. He told me the compressor was frozen and did not want to fix it and if I could get it out I could have it. So 4 guys and 3 hours later I got it home.
    He was right LRA 57 amps, But this compressor is an Aspera? I never saw a True Product with anything but American. Plus I never heard of it,(remember small business). I searched on this site and found its an Italian brand.
    They seem to be a bit pricey from what I could translate money wise. I tried to cross reference Tecumseh but could not find one.
    It is an Aspera T2180GK. I do not even know if the Aspera is the right one but when I saw some specs it looked like it would do the job. The True is 110v and should be able to hold to -10. It has a big ass condenser with duel fans.
    Could anyone help with a replacement compressor?
    Its 1:00 AM in the morning, I could wait till tomorrow and call True, but thats no fun!
    Nick

I use some asperas NEK2125, I think! But they are Embraco compressors,build in Europe

Found it for you, part number 842402, google the part number to find some places to buy it. I found one for $485.00, maybe a supplier will have it cheaper?

http://restaurant-equipment-parts.com/part/true/842402

Good information

Thanks trippintl0 that was an eye opener. I am going to have to take a closer look at the true brand. I noticed that they all say just true compressor and never the brand name when you type #936HG6864AK without the aspera number. Does that mean they are all aspera and I have to use that brand or does copeland have a cross reference.
    Nick

Ok

After some research true will not recommend anything but that specific one so thats what I am going with. I have a lot to learn about that subject. Never knew true used that brand. Im used to tecumseh & copeland even though I dont think any of them is american made.
    Thanks
    Nick

You might consider a AWA2440ZXD if it is 230v. See competitive cross reference. http://boxload.tecumseh.com/
    If the only tool you have is a hammer, you tend to see every problem as a nail. Abraham Maslow

I've never seen a True with an Aspera. I'd recommend calling them and seeing what they have for a part number from the factory then see if you can cross reference for something cheaper.

The True ts-49f that I'm working on has a Copeland KAMB-007e-CAA in it. I didn't think Aspera made pumps that big.
    "The trouble with the world is the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent full of doubt" -Bertrand Russell