Smile Hello from Canada EH???

Hey guys my name is J and I am an HVAC/R Tech in Toronto Canada. We have cold winters which make working outside and with Refrigeration just that much more fun. I have a G2 Gas licenece right now and am logging the hours for my G1 and plan on going back to school to write for it as soon as I am finished my Refrigeration license which I am 4 years out of five done and am writing the second part of school this friday for. Then in that last year I have to complete the last part of schooling and then I can write the CFQ and have a red seal Trade licence for Refrigeration in my pocket. After I have my G1 and Refridge ticket I plan on stareting an Electrician aprentice as well with my employer and going to school to get that licence as well. I also have an ODP card all the gas flex licences (gastite etc) I have first Aid and CPR training as well I am a firm beliver of schooling to get you started so you have an idea of the real world. Nothing compares to the real world but its better not to go into things blind.
    I hope to gain more knowlege from this site and can't wait to read all the Great info from this website

PS I tryed so many names I wanted it to be chilly willy like the cartoon but wasnt happening.......................................

Welcome!

Welcome EH!
    When you get your red seal in refrigeration you will have completed a five year apprenticeship program. A lot of that is teaching you things like how to use tools, how to write, how to do math ect. When you go for your electrical, you do not have to serve another five year apprenticeship. You just have to provide related experience. You can challenge the exam once you feel you have enough experience to do so. I know a few techs who have done this. I myself challenged the plumbing exam. I am in the process to challenge the electrical... One thing to know is the the ministry of colleges and universities feel that a great percentage of the refrigeration trade is already electrical. You would only be able to do residential, (the electrical license is broken up into residential, commercial, and industrial )but hey it is another red seal under your belt.
    A red seal:the equivalent of a B.A.
    Good luck.
    Never give up; Never surrender!

Thank you for the kind words and warm welcome.