Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 2 years Lennox Heatpump , compressor fail !

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    You need to be dealing with Lennox customer service at their corporate level, not some local dealer. Make sure you have the model, serial numbers along with the installation date and dealer who installed. Demand a response from them in writing, failing this, hire an attorney who loves to mess with big companies. Keep track of who, what, where, and when with any interaction!!

If Guns Kill People, Do Pencils Misspell Words?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=An2a1...eature=related

Before we work on artificial intelligence why don't we do something about natural stupidity?

Post Likes
    I'm just saying you need to be dealing with the company as it sounds like you're getting a real "run around" from you local dealer!! And make sure and keep track of who you deal with as this sounds like a long drawn out action. Good luck.

P.S. I don't feed trolls either beachtech!

Post Likes
    I don't think he's laughing at you but, He obviously doesn't feel he made a mis-judgement enough to warrant fixing the situation.

My advise is just have someone else repair the unit, pay for it and move on. It's a hard lesson. If you don't know what something is or does, don't mess with it unless you can afford the consequencial damages.
    If you think our goverment is screwed up. You haven't lived in another country.

Post Likes
    Let's assume we are getting the whole story which is a large assumption given what we're hearing. It is hard to believe that any tech good, bad or even dishonest would void a warranty because a HP was turned to cool for a few hours in any climate. Even if it was left set to cool there should have been an outrageous heating bill before blowing the compressor. So to the OP, if everything went down as you say then you have a very good case to plead to Lennox customer support. This thread has been going on for about three weeks so you must not be in a hurry either. Don't forget that it's still going to cost a pretty penny for the labor & installation even if you can get the compressor done under warranty without an extended labor agreement.
    Gary
    -----------
    http://www.oceanhvac.com
    The best things in life are free but not everyone is willing to pay the price.
    When you appreciate what you have, you have a lot more.

Post Likes
    Ditto with Gary....

Post Likes
    next option is to have a diferant dealor install a new condenser and you now have all your warrenties back
    dont think it will cost much more the a compressor change does

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tinknocker service tech View Post
    next option is to have a diferant dealor install a new condenser and you now have all your warrenties back
    dont think it will cost much more the a compressor change does
    What do you mean by ''a new condenser'' ? Do you talk about all the outside unit ?

And if i replace the compressor should my warranty be back ? What I mean his that will I get a warranty for that new compressor and other parts of my unit ?

I know we can't talk about price here but is there a way that someone send me the cost price for a compressor fort a Lennox xp13-024 (2 tons unit)?

Post Likes
    Go to the contractor locator part of this site and see if you have someone near you.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by wahoo View Post
    Go to the contractor locator part of this site and see if you have someone near you.
    I've checked that and there's no one near me. In fact it seems that there's not much people from around Montreal here !

Post Likes
    Tostaky go on line and google it, they will get you a ball park amount.

I have replaced whole units vs a compressor before that was just out of warranty. For the same cost as a compressor change out. It was a better deal for my customer, gave them a new unit under warranty and me a new customer.

One last long shot. If the tech is really willing to help you. Then ask him for his area rep's phone number so you can tell him your story. If the tech made a mistake and will admit it, the area rep is your best bet to get it straightened out. The area rep works for Lennox and has the means to clear it up. Without your techs help the chances are slim he will do anything. But it's up to him, he may decide to go ahead.

I have no idea how to get his number beside calling Lennox. I knew my rep before I was a dealer.
    If you think our goverment is screwed up. You haven't lived in another country.

Post Likes
    if you buy a compressor and have it installed you will only have a 1 year warranty on the compressor.

if you buy a whole unit you will have the full manufacturers warranty on all parts in the unit.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by Tempted View Post
    One last long shot. If the tech is really willing to help you. Then ask him for his area rep's phone number so you can tell him your story. If the tech made a mistake and will admit it, the area rep is your best bet to get it straightened out. The area rep works for Lennox and has the means to clear it up. Without your techs help the chances are slim he will do anything. But it's up to him, he may decide to go ahead.
    When i've call to Lennox Montreal they gave me the name of someone who ''is the only one that can do something about this''. They didn't give his number but the suggest to write him a letter. the lettre is written and i'm gonna send it to him this afternoon. That's my last move. After that I will begin to check price for replacing the whole unit or the compressor. I don't think that the tech is really willing to help, but maybe that guy at Lennox (don't exactly know what his job is) will give him a call.

Post Likes
    On more question, is there a way to install something else on the existing inside coil, electrical wire and copper tubing ?

I don't exactly need the heating mode of the heatpump. I can still use the electrical furnace. I've choose an heatpump because i wan't to pay less electricity in mild cold weather but the main reason was to get cold air in summer.

Do i have to replace it with an heatpump (cold + heat) or there's something that can fit and only bring me cold air in summer (somehing like a central air conditionner) ?

Post Likes
    You can always just install a central air unit to this indoor air handler but also need to flush the freon lines and install freon filter/dryers to protect the new AC from the burn-out acids of the old HP.

Post Likes
    And what should cost less (unit + labor) between that and a new heat pump ?

And by the way it's a pity that there's no contractor near my homeplace on this forum because a lot of you have been very helpfull with me.

Post Likes
    Pricing discussions are against the rules. So stop asking pricing questions.

Post Likes
    You know that i'm not asking about specific price, just to know ''this should cost less than that''. I didn't thought that was against the rules.

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by tostaky View Post
    You know that i'm not asking about specific price, just to know ''this should cost less than that''. I didn't thought that was against the rules.
    I also saw post number 67.

Post Likes
    Yeah sorry, I thought that there was a private message system on this forum but I was wrong. Just to know, is it ok for someone to answer my question about which installation will cost less ?

Post Likes
    Which they think will cost less. Since they aren't in your area, they can't say for sure.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in