+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Custom van!!!

Post Likes
    Quote Originally Posted by motoguy128 View Post
    I'd like to see it running. Most of those older caravans that are still running (far and few between) often burn more oil that gasoline.... and it oftne only took 50-70k miles to get that way. If I remember right that generation I think was known for defective piston rings or a flawed desing somewhow. I also think 1 in 4 transmission were know to fail before 100k miles.
    Only the Mitsubishi SOHC 3.0 V6 was known for burning oil, and it was defective valve guides and valve stem seals. The Chrysler OHV 3.3/3.8 (same basic block, 3.8 is a bored and stroked 3.3) are great. The TBI 4 cylinders (2.2/2.5) are OKish but like to blow head gaskets and leak oil from the valve cover gasket.

The tranny trouble was caused by cheapskate owners and repair shops putting in the wrong fluid, compounded by weak hard parts. The A604/41TE and all later Chrysler electronic transmissions absolutely required ATF+3 type 7176 fluid, and now require ATF+4 type 9602.

Dexron is less slippery than 7176 or 9602, this caused harsh shifting and shuddering that overstressed the hard parts like a sun gear weld and eventually made them break.

http://www.centerforqa.com
    http://www.allpar.com/fix/trans.html
    To get the degree symbol ° on Windows hold down the Alt key and type 0176 or 248 on the keyboard number pad. It is also available via the character map, and on Windows 8.1 devices with a touchscreen via the on screen keyboard.

There is no "E" in either BluVac or Blu-ray Disc.

If you are the type where the painting is more important than the frame, or you just like movies, join me in listening to the widescreen.org podcast.

Post Likes
    FOR SALE:

GOOD HEATER

Post Likes
    The hoopty.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in