Thread: New to site

New to site

Hello everyone, am new to the site registered about 10 days ago just getting around to greet everyone and Thank you for letting me join in on this site. I'm from So-Cal and have been in the industry for over 35 yrs. Thanks again.

Welcome.

Welcome here!

Thanks for the welcome fellas!

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site and have just joined. Thank you for letting me join this HVAC forum. I am a Mechanical Engineer with couple of years background in HVAC. Hope to receive some help from group.

Thanks

Hi,

Can anyone help me if I can use spring with same spring rate on both suction and discharge ends of an oil pump. The pump works against a pressure of 300 psi and discharges 3.8 oz approx.

In the present design I have two different spring rates on suction (2.24 lb/in) and on discharge (1.76 lb/in). I would like to use a spring rate of 2.24 lb/in on both ends. Is this possible?

Thanks

You might try discussing this in the PRO forum this is not a diy site.

Quote Originally Posted by staruda View Post
    Hello Everyone,

I am new to this site and have just joined. Thank you for letting me join this HVAC forum. I am a Mechanical Engineer with couple of years background in HVAC. Hope to receive some help from group.

Thanks
    Please start your own new thread rather than hijacking someone else's thread.

Quote Originally Posted by staruda View Post
    Hi,

Can anyone help me if I can use spring with same spring rate on both suction and discharge ends of an oil pump. The pump works against a pressure of 300 psi and discharges 3.8 oz approx.

In the present design I have two different spring rates on suction (2.24 lb/in) and on discharge (1.76 lb/in). I would like to use a spring rate of 2.24 lb/in on both ends. Is this possible?

Thanks
    This is the new member welcome area, your question should be asked in the appropriate area.