Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by jmac00 View Post
    really? what does an accidental shooting have to do with a child DRAWING A PICTURE of a gun and then the father getting STRIPPED searched. not to mention being arrested WITHOUT EXPLANATION.

I wonder what would happen if the child drew a picture of her mother pole dancing
    Do you know something we don't?

I live in Waterloo and heard this on the radio.After the first couple of times the story changed to " The police, principal, and child care services said that there were other factors in play" WTF! My 4 year old son runs around shooting Buzz Lightyears laser and I do not have a gun!
    Looks like I will have to sit him down and tell him not to have an IMAGINATION!
    "Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority big mouth!" - (Paulie in Rocky 4)

Quote Originally Posted by SolarMike View Post
    Do you know something we don't?
    Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Can you logically think it through that we feel differently about guns in our two countries? Where you have them at hands reach we generally tend to keep them safely stored away.
    OMG? this is like dealing with the mentally challenged?

I am utterly stunned you two think that drawing a PICTURE of a gun and being arrested for it is in anyway connected with a child actually shooting someone.............

I give up, no one is this stupid
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

I am, can I get my green paper now!

I am utterly stunned you two think that drawing a PICTURE of a gun and being arrested for it is in anyway connected with a child actually shooting someone.............

Maybe she was a bit too quick on the DRAW!
    "Who am I? I'm the unsilent majority big mouth!" - (Paulie in Rocky 4)

Quote Originally Posted by o-ring View Post
    Maybe she was a bit too quick on the DRAW!
    BWHAHAHAHA, so was the guy that wanted to do a strip search,
    "Arguing with liberals...it's like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it's victorious." -- Anonymous

Well I explained the relationship to you earlier in simple terms and you still do not get it.

Now in terms of how you deal with guns down there I have not said anything for or against, basically you do things differently than we do (nothing to do with the strip search, every place has overzealous cops, doubt it is standard procedure). But you are quite comfortable taking a holier than thou attitude towards a different culture that does not see things your way and insult me and my countryman when you have no intelligent reply.

So I ask myself, why am I bothering with you?
    Never argue with a fool, onlookers may not be able to tell the difference. —Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by printer2 View Post
    Well I explained the relationship to you earlier in simple terms and you still do not get it.

Now in terms of how you deal with guns down there I have not said anything for or against, basically you do things differently than we do (nothing to do with the strip search, every place has overzealous cops, doubt it is standard procedure). But you are quite comfortable taking a holier than thou attitude towards a different culture that does not see things your way and insult me and my countryman when you have no intelligent reply.

So I ask myself, why am I bothering with you?
    you are the grand master of changing the subject

So checking out the local paper there, came up with this quote...

"Sansone had a scrape with the law five years ago, but has since turned his life around, left Toronto for Kingston, Ont., and has become a certified counsellor".

Yah, I want him to help my kids/grandkids... duh!!!

Since I'm so kind and generous, I'll just say that he made a mistake and his kids reflected their home life in a different way that portrays our society as evil... or maybe I'm absolutely wrong...

Fire away, I'm waiting...

PS... I've got a special 20mm present for pedophiles...

Not being nasty, just telling the truth... (Can you tell I am not impressed with child molesting?)...

Quote Originally Posted by enb54 View Post
    So checking out the local paper there, came up with this quote...

"Sansone had a scrape with the law five years ago, but has since turned his life around, left Toronto for Kingston, Ont., and has become a certified counsellor".

Yah, I want him to help my kids/grandkids... duh!!!

Since I'm so kind and generous, I'll just say that he made a mistake and his kids reflected their home life in a different way that portrays our society as evil... or maybe I'm absolutely wrong...

Fire away, I'm waiting...

PS... I've got a special 20mm present for pedophiles...

Not being nasty, just telling the truth... (Can you tell I am not impressed with child molesting?)...
    I guess I have to ask, "what scrape with the law" was it?

I guess I have to ask, "what scrape with the law" was it?
    I have no idea, and maybe even the newspaper report about the "scrape" is fake. Who knows? As we all are well aware though, many stories have a lot of facts behind them that we know nothing about. In my life, have never encountered law enforcement/social services people (in USA or Canada) who as a group maliciously behaved as stupidly as this with no cause.

Am sure there is a lot more to this story than just some out of control justice system. If we don't hear any more, and I've been looking, then we can conclude that there is a lot more going on here than what is being reported...

Just my

IMO a classic example of govt taking their jobs too seriously.

For the folks north of the border: The documents founding the USA are CLEAR the govt is NOT allowed to do those things noted in this thread... even though they keep trying to usurp the limitations in the founding documents. You see, we take our freedom more seriously than you do... because we know we can loose it (like other countries already have).

It is the job of the citizens to keep govt within boundaries... If we go lax on that job... we risk something similar to some of the more destructive societies in history.

I think it was Thomas Jefferson who said: "All you have to do to loose your freedom is NOTHING"... In other words: Keep tight strings on govt.
    GA-HVAC-Tech

Galatians 2:20-21; Colossians 1: 21-22 & 26-27; 3:1-4; Romans Ch's 5-6-7-8

2 Chronicles 7:14

Quality work at a fair price with excellent customer service.

Quote Originally Posted by ga-hvac-tech View Post
    You see, we take our freedom more seriously than you do...
    Canadians do take their freedom seriously, and if you think that the same stuff does not happen in the USA, just take a closer look around. I have the privilege of being able to legally live in the USA or Canada, and am not so naiive to believe that either country is better than the other, just that there are pros and cons to each.

The thing about any government is that they basically can do anything they like, your rights are limited by how much money and publicity you can generate.

Ask any lawyer about this, either side of the border...

Just a comment, not being nasty...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast