Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 31
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    18,223
    I was reading in the paper the other day that colored folks are trying to keep this issue out of the voting booths even though most residents want it on the balet so they can vote it down.

    The militant black community has called for the burning of communities and revolution if it gets voted down.

    This is outrageous!!! We need to end affirmitive action immediatly!

    My father inlaw came here from Poland with nothing but a trunk full of cloths. It was during world war two and his brother was supposed to meet him here but was killed in the war. He was able to learn english and went on to get his doctorates in mechanical engineering. He designed the engines for the C130 and went on to get a couple of patents at Ford. There was no program to help him.

    We need to advance people by there brains and hard work and not their color!



    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Location
    Dothan, Al
    Posts
    3,453
    I agree wholeheatedly!!!!
    Do away with welfare as well. I believe in earning what you get.

    Richard

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Coastal Georgia
    Posts
    34,902
    Originally posted by coolwhip
    I was reading in the paper the other day that colored folks are trying to keep this issue out of the voting booths even though most residents want it on the balet so they can vote it down.

    The militant black community has called for the burning of communities and revolution if it gets voted down.

    This is outrageous!!! We need to end affirmitive action immediatly!

    My father inlaw came here from Poland with nothing but a trunk full of cloths. It was during world war two and his brother was supposed to meet him here but was killed in the war. He was able to learn english and went on to get his doctorates in mechanical engineering. He designed the engines for the C130 and went on to get a couple of patents at Ford. There was no program to help him.

    We need to advance people by there brains and hard work and not their color!



    Weird, you are in MI near where my X father in law lives and he was a designer working on the C-130's turbo props for Hamilton Standard


  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    18,223
    Im sure my father inlaw wasnt the sole designer but rather part of a team for the c130.

    He also taught thermodynamics at Wayne state univ. I think his patents with ford were on sensors.

    He has his pilots license and flys single engine sesnas...?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981
    Affirmative Action is no less then legalized discrimination. Many successfull persons of color resent that Affirmative Action exists because it allows others to feel that the only reason these persons of color made good is because they didn't have to work as hard to achieve their goals.

    While there are a few who legitimately benefitted from the aid of Affirmative Action, the program for the most part has only put unqualified persons into many jobs in many fields and has lessened the quality of the American worker.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    186
    I think it is obvious!!!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    235
    Quite obvious yet I stil find it ironic that people cliam there is all this racism in the world and yet support a government mandated racism program.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2002
    Location
    Zelienople, Pa
    Posts
    2,965
    Before I was interested in HVAC I was passed over an Electrical Union apprenticeship due to affirmative blaction.
    I made it to the 3rd interview of over 400 applicants.
    The man interviewing me said that 11 would be chosen.
    5 white males, and 6 minorities or women.
    15 years and I'm still sour.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,734
    Afirmative Action is the government's racist laws against white Americans.

    it's used to divide and create chaos.

    the same people who push Afirmative Action NEVER try to take the race question off of the applications


  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Coastal Georgia
    Posts
    34,902
    Originally posted by wolfstrike
    Afirmative Action is the government's racist laws against white Americans.

    it's used to divide and create chaos.

    the same people who push Afirmative Action NEVER try to take the race question off of the applications

    Sounds like the Democrats , don't it?

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Jacksonville, FL.
    Posts
    4,313

    Come on, guys!

    We all know what Affirmative Action really is....

    It's compensation for all the unpaid hard work we forced upon them before they were emancipated!
    WHY?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2000
    Location
    Eastern PA
    Posts
    68,981

    Re: Come on, guys!

    Originally posted by Special Ed
    We all know what Affirmative Action really is....

    It's compensation for all the unpaid hard work we forced upon them before they were emancipated!
    I don't get sarcasm most times. I am hoping that this is sarcasm. If not, you have got to be really stupid.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV


  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2001
    Posts
    8,286
    Affirmative action did more for white women than it did for colored peoples.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event