Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    I was reading in the paper the other day that colored folks are trying to keep this issue out of the voting booths even though most residents want it on the balet so they can vote it down.

The militant black community has called for the burning of communities and revolution if it gets voted down.

This is outrageous!!! We need to end affirmitive action immediatly!

My father inlaw came here from Poland with nothing but a trunk full of cloths. It was during world war two and his brother was supposed to meet him here but was killed in the war. He was able to learn english and went on to get his doctorates in mechanical engineering. He designed the engines for the C130 and went on to get a couple of patents at Ford. There was no program to help him.

We need to advance people by there brains and hard work and not their color!

To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

I agree wholeheatedly!!!!
    Do away with welfare as well. I believe in earning what you get.

Richard

Originally posted by coolwhip
    I was reading in the paper the other day that colored folks are trying to keep this issue out of the voting booths even though most residents want it on the balet so they can vote it down.

The militant black community has called for the burning of communities and revolution if it gets voted down.

This is outrageous!!! We need to end affirmitive action immediatly!

My father inlaw came here from Poland with nothing but a trunk full of cloths. It was during world war two and his brother was supposed to meet him here but was killed in the war. He was able to learn english and went on to get his doctorates in mechanical engineering. He designed the engines for the C130 and went on to get a couple of patents at Ford. There was no program to help him.

We need to advance people by there brains and hard work and not their color!

Weird, you are in MI near where my X father in law lives and he was a designer working on the C-130's turbo props for Hamilton Standard

Im sure my father inlaw wasnt the sole designer but rather part of a team for the c130.

He also taught thermodynamics at Wayne state univ. I think his patents with ford were on sensors.

He has his pilots license and flys single engine sesnas...?
    To put the world in order, we must first put the nation in order; to put the nation in order, we must put the family in order; to put the family in order, we must cultivate our personal life; and to cultivate our personal life, we must first set our hearts right.
    -- Confucius

Affirmative Action is no less then legalized discrimination. Many successfull persons of color resent that Affirmative Action exists because it allows others to feel that the only reason these persons of color made good is because they didn't have to work as hard to achieve their goals.

While there are a few who legitimately benefitted from the aid of Affirmative Action, the program for the most part has only put unqualified persons into many jobs in many fields and has lessened the quality of the American worker.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

I think it is obvious!!!

Quite obvious yet I stil find it ironic that people cliam there is all this racism in the world and yet support a government mandated racism program.

Before I was interested in HVAC I was passed over an Electrical Union apprenticeship due to affirmative blaction.
    I made it to the 3rd interview of over 400 applicants.
    The man interviewing me said that 11 would be chosen.
    5 white males, and 6 minorities or women.
    15 years and I'm still sour.

Afirmative Action is the government's racist laws against white Americans.

it's used to divide and create chaos.

the same people who push Afirmative Action NEVER try to take the race question off of the applications

Originally posted by wolfstrike
    Afirmative Action is the government's racist laws against white Americans.

it's used to divide and create chaos.

the same people who push Afirmative Action NEVER try to take the race question off of the applications

Sounds like the Democrats , don't it?

Come on, guys!

We all know what Affirmative Action really is....

It's compensation for all the unpaid hard work we forced upon them before they were emancipated!
    WHY?

Re: Come on, guys!

Originally posted by Special Ed
    We all know what Affirmative Action really is....

It's compensation for all the unpaid hard work we forced upon them before they were emancipated!
    I don't get sarcasm most times. I am hoping that this is sarcasm. If not, you have got to be really stupid.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Affirmative action did more for white women than it did for colored peoples.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast