Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast
    http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/05/01/D8HBDG6O1.html

The right to protest at dead soldiers funerals.

ACLU was founded by a Communist, was constructed of Communistic values and ideals and even though it tries to distance itself from its Communist roots, it cannot shed its Communistic ways and means.

If all are to be free, we must all be able to suppress in ourselves that which infringes on the freedoms of others. There is no such thing as Utopia as long as there are at least two human beings.
    Government is a disease...
    ...masquerading as its own cure…
    Ecclesiastes 10:2 NIV

Originally posted by James 3528

The right to protest at dead soldiers funerals.
    Nope, the issue is protecting the right of free speech, a right available to all.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

You know, after that recent episode with the cartoons that upset Muslims... I was a little taken aback by the attitudes of the artists who created them. It seemed to me that they said it was a "because we can" thing.

Well, just because we CAN do a thing does not mean that we should.

I suppose I might be more sympathetic to this cause if I thought that these folks had no other venue from which to make their case. To me, that assertion is clearly ridiculous. You want to protest the war? Fine. But let's use a little decorum and not use the pain of others as your soapbox.

I think the ACLU might get viewed a little better if they did not take up every SINGLE case just on principle. I think they should pick thier battles and use a little common respect.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

talk about low-life losers.

where do you draw the line...

why don't they go protest in Bagdad.
    see if those blanket-heads over there actually give a flying-F.U. about their 'cause'.

I'm not a gun nut, but if a protestor showed up to my son's funeral...I would go medieval on their a$$...

Originally posted by RoBoTeq
    If all are to be free, we must all be able to suppress in ourselves that which infringes on the freedoms of others. There is no such thing as Utopia as long as there are at least two human beings.
    There is no such thing as Utopia as long as there are religious nutjobs.
    Gods are fragile things; they may be killed by a whiff of science or a dose of common sense.

Chapman Cohen

Originally posted by scrogdog
    I suppose I might be more sympathetic to this cause if I thought that these folks had no other venue from which to make their case. To me, that assertion is clearly ridiculous. You want to protest the war? Fine. But let's use a little decorum and not use the pain of others as your soapbox.
    They are not anti-war, they are anti-gay. To these bozos, dying in the service of our country makes no difference.

I think the ACLU might get viewed a little better if they did not take up every SINGLE case just on principle. I think they should pick thier battles and use a little common respect.
    When the principle is a constitutional freedom it must be defended no matter the client.

I think Jerry Falwell is a disgrace to mankind but he has rights that must be defended and were defended by the ACLU.

If we are all to enjoy the rights afforded us by our Constitution we cannot let any infringement of these rights occur no matter how unpopular or destestable the client may be.

[Edited by geerair on 05-02-2006 at 02:27 PM]

Chapman Cohen

ACLU was founded by a Communist, was constructed of Communistic values and ideals and even though it tries to distance itself from its Communist roots, it cannot shed its Communistic ways and means.
    Hmmmm.....Defending the Constitution is a Communistic way or means?

Defending Jerry Falwell is Communistic?

Defending Religious freedoms is Communistic?

Defending Free Speech is Communistic?

What are these Communistic ways and means you speak of?

Chapman Cohen

Originally posted by geerair
    There is no such thing as Utopia as long as there are religious nutjobs.

If you showed up at my sons funeral protesting under the guise of free speech, you would soon be able to deduct if you had wasted your time being an atheist or not.

Dont get me started about the ACLU.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

this is a disturbing subject.

I wish these professional protestors...folks that have been proven to show up to anything that will attract media attention and mayhem...would just GO FIND A JOB.

who raises these kids to become society's useless debris?

[Edited by tonys on 05-02-2006 at 04:26 PM]

Hippies and Liberals.

Or liberal hippies.
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

- Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast