I came across a Carrier heat pup unit and hig voltage good low voltage was going through the board OK. I took off the yellow leads at the contactor and hooked it up str8 to the stat wire, and the unit kicked on. I went probing around the board with my meter through the back of the plugs and the damn thing kicked on. Probing through the back of the wires going to the board coming from the switch which does not have a screw in adapter. Do I have a loose connection or a bad intermittent switch????

First of all, NOFX = The best. Second, were you using your meter directly on the board or at a pressure switch ? If it was at the board and it kicked on at the exact moment you touched something I'd pull the plug out and make sure its connecter is snapped into the molex properly, other then that I'd check the pressures and operation and leave it, tell the customer it may be an intermittant problem and you may need to return if it happens again.

Unfortunately, due to site rules we as members can not discuss technical issues with the general public.

If however, you are a HVAC/R Technician, please sign up as a professional member and we'll assist you in the Pro-Forums.

After you register as a Professional, we’ll move this post over to the ProTech Forum.

Thank you for your cooperation.

I am a technician. It turned out to be the logic component on the defrost board. Thank you for the disscussion anyways.

Regards,

Bob

If you'd read the Site Moderator's post a little more clearly, he was asking you to register as a pro and join us in the Professional forum. He wasn't questioning your lack of credentials or information in your profile.