Question Part for Friedrich Window AC Unit, EQ08M11A?

I recently ordered and received Friedrich portable window heat/ac unit (X-Star Model EQ08M11A) to use in a thru-wall installation.

Several weeks later I opened the box (my install date kept getting delayed) and discovered what looks like significant damage to the delicate metal (what to call them?) gills or coils (?) at the front of the unit.

Problem is that I'm now outside the time-window to report damage to the retailer for hassle-free replacement. I intend to try to work with the retailer, but should that fail, how much might it cost to get the damaged part repaired or replaced?

Or maybe the better question is, how important is it to get that part repaired or replaced?

I've attached a pic of the damaged part.
    Attached Images Attached Images    

What you are calling damaged is normal. The thermostat sensing bulb fell off of the coil. The plastic pieces just get pushed back into the original slots that were formed in the coil. That is normal and not damage. They should span across the same row of tubes.
    ckartson
    I didn't write the book I just read it!

Thanks for your response, ckartson!.

If that's indeed the case, and those pics I posted don't show damage, then that's great!

But (forgive my laymen's lack of HVCAC vocabulary), I'm not sure what you mean by: "thermostat sensing bulb fell off the coil." Are you saying I should be looking in the packaging for a part that's fallen off?

Also, when you say "they should span across the same row of tubes," do you mean that the two plastic tabs (the "they"), when inserted back into those two holes in the coil, should somehow line up? Are the "tubes" you mention what I see under and behind the coil? When I push the plastic tabs back in, should they somehow click or lock?

Again, forgive my lack of vocabulary for this stuff ... baby steps.

And thank you, in advance, for any clarifications you might offer.

The long copper thingy is the sensing bulb. It is mounted in the whitr plastic thingy. That complete assembly fits into the aluminum thingy, The plastic thingy is held in the aluminum thingy by pressure of the aluminum thingy. Just place it back in the same spot. There should not be a click. You'll be fine. Good luck.
    Doug

Gunslinger!

Nice.

I speak "thingy" speak.

Thanks for clarifying.