Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Results 66 to 78 of 95
  1. #66
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,656
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Since Korea, our success on the battlefield has never been about our soldier's capability but rather the interference of politicians.
    Correct, but you can most certainly include Korea in that equation as well. Among other foolish rules of engagement; our fighter pilots were required to "get a visual" before firing thus negating the range advantage of their missiles.

    Though a Hollywood construct, I think the words of Gregory Peck (in the role of MacArthur) sum things up pretty well; "In my entire career I've never learned how to bomb half a damn bridge!" (in response to orders that only the friendly half of bridges over the Yalu river could be bombed).
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  2. #67
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    I do love conspiracy theories, but seriously dude if the powers that be were all that big and evil then we would all be in concentration camps already.
    What are you talking about? Those are all facts
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

    -Alfred E Newman

  3. #68
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,656
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    What are you talking about? Those are all facts
    Facts are things that are readily apparent to all, not bold unverifiable claims made by individuals.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  4. #69
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Facts are things that are readily apparent to all, not bold unverifiable claims made by individuals.
    You guys just refuse to get it.

    Here's a video that requires little attention span, Hillary admitting that the US created Al Qaeda. 3:00 in

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Cc3...layer_embedded

    There's so much documentation of the US supporting Al Qaeda in Libya it will make your head spin.

    Here's a google search with a plethora of undeniable evidence

    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...&bih=955&ion=1
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

    -Alfred E Newman

  5. #70
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,017
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    You guys just refuse to get it.

    Here's a video that requires little attention span, Hillary admitting that the US created Al Qaeda. 3:00 in

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K0Cc3...layer_embedded

    There's so much documentation of the US supporting Al Qaeda in Libya it will make your head spin.

    Here's a google search with a plethora of undeniable evidence

    https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...&bih=955&ion=1
    Seriously friend, you are the one who don't get it.

    Yes we sorta created alquieda, more accurately 'enabled' them to become. I'll bet we also supported the Taliban, but I am guessing. We were trying to prevent a USSR expansion at the time.

    We even Supported Saddam Hussein, pretty much the same reason. Iraq was on our side, Iran was on USSR side.

    That was then, this is now, and everything has changed. The CIA and US government is not in 'cahoots' with alqueida at this time. They, dare I say we, are at war now.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  6. #71
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,017
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    Facts are things that are readily apparent to all, not bold unverifiable claims made by individuals.
    lol!!

    You should use that in your sig line.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  7. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Seriously friend, you are the one who don't get it.

    Yes we sorta created alquieda, more accurately 'enabled' them to become. I'll bet we also supported the Taliban, but I am guessing. We were trying to prevent a USSR expansion at the time.

    We even Supported Saddam Hussein, pretty much the same reason. Iraq was on our side, Iran was on USSR side.

    That was then, this is now, and everything has changed. The CIA and US government is not in 'cahoots' with alqueida at this time. They, dare I say we, are at war now.
    What is your major malfunction? You didn't even look at anything I posted, just attack and dig in as usual. Everything I said is backed by facts, facts that were clearly posted for you. You're right, I don't get it
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

    -Alfred E Newman

  8. #73
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Red Deer, Alberta
    Posts
    653
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    What is your major malfunction? You didn't even look at anything I posted, just attack and dig in as usual. Everything I said is backed by facts, facts that were clearly posted for you. You're right, I don't get it
    I looked and read, Griffin Tarpley is one of those people who sees a Communist under every bed, and a conspiracy in every closet. Likely we should all be a little bit wary of government, after all that's what keeps them (the government) fairly honest. The thing is, if you carry things beyond normal wariness then you are entering the extreme fringes of political thought, not a good place for ordinary people to be (does not matter which country). I don't doubt that there is some truth in what is being promulgated by Tarpley (there's always some truth), but probably not enough for most of us to get upset about. As another poster mentioned, if most of this was really true, most of us would be in concentration camps already...

    Just had to throw in my ...I'll probably regret it...

    Isn't that "Alfred E. Neuman"?

  9. #74
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Keokuk, IA
    Posts
    5,520
    Quote Originally Posted by hearthman View Post
    Since Korea, our success on the battlefield has never been about our soldier's capability but rather the interference of politicians. In a perfect world, a Commander in Chief would order the military to destroy a certain target and remove that country's ability to wage war. Wind them up, turn them loose and step out of their way. Support them with whatever they request in men, bullets and bacon. Then when you get the memo stating objectives accomplished, place the memo in the bin marked "completed waiting to be filed". Done.

    The problem with our military has always been the gelding by liberal politicians. They are not blood thirsty animals who would kill everyone were it not for the liberals. They just want you to think that. Just understand that our casualties are much higher than they should be and you can thank the bleeding heart liberals for that.

    Sometimes I think our soldiers should be aiming their guns behind them instead.
    So the operation in Vietnam you're saying, took a 180 when Nixon took over for Kennedy/Johnson?

    FDR & Truman clearly handles WWII with a storngly liberal agenda, and when Eisenhower took over Korea ran perfectly and we met all objectives?

    Bush I even admitted he made a mistake in taking the politically safe route and leaving Saddam in power, but then recognizes that we'd have to deal with the mess of trying to occupy a country that internall could fall into civial war.... and it still might.

    Sorry, but trying to play the blame game is pointless. They are all politicians. Some have a slightly different spin and agenda, but are often equally guilty of not having clear objecties and achieving them due to political issues.

    I will admit that you can't nessesarily fit all presidents into on conservative or liberal pot.

  10. #75
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Posts
    729
    Quote Originally Posted by Tool-Slinger View Post
    Seriously friend, you are the one who don't get it.

    Yes we sorta created alquieda, more accurately 'enabled' them to become. I'll bet we also supported the Taliban, but I am guessing. We were trying to prevent a USSR expansion at the time.

    We even Supported Saddam Hussein, pretty much the same reason. Iraq was on our side, Iran was on USSR side.

    That was then, this is now, and everything has changed. The CIA and US government is not in 'cahoots' with alqueida at this time. They, dare I say we, are at war now.
    So all this interference and deal making from our side, what has it made better for the US? NADA, Zilch, Nuttin' Honey!

    Keep our money and boys at home, let the savages fight amongst themselves!

    There is nothing we need over there except to back Israel with our support. If we need to go to war, declare it, do it and come home! No Groundforces needed probably.

  11. #76
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by enb54 View Post
    I looked and read, Griffin Tarpley is one of those people who sees a Communist under every bed, and a conspiracy in every closet. Likely we should all be a little bit wary of government, after all that's what keeps them (the government) fairly honest. The thing is, if you carry things beyond normal wariness then you are entering the extreme fringes of political thought, not a good place for ordinary people to be (does not matter which country). I don't doubt that there is some truth in what is being promulgated by Tarpley (there's always some truth), but probably not enough for most of us to get upset about. As another poster mentioned, if most of this was really true, most of us would be in concentration camps already...

    Just had to throw in my ...I'll probably regret it...

    Isn't that "Alfred E. Neuman"?
    Webster Tarpley is a solid historian. The funny thing about researching government activities is that you realize that there is a conspiracy in every closet. You say "some truth", you should do yourself a favor and really fact check what he is saying in the article I posted, I mean everything. It will take you a couple of hours but it will be well worth it when you finally prove to yourself that its true. It takes some balls to accept such facts, it shakes the foundation of everything you have come to believe. The evolved man will start to really re-think his positions on everything, the un-evolved man will dig in and fiercely protect what he has come to believe and will always believe. Which are you?
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

    -Alfred E Newman

  12. #77
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Seattle WA
    Posts
    1,238
    Quote Originally Posted by enb54 View Post
    I looked and read, Griffin Tarpley is one of those people who sees a Communist under every bed, and a conspiracy in every closet. Likely we should all be a little bit wary of government, after all that's what keeps them (the government) fairly honest. The thing is, if you carry things beyond normal wariness then you are entering the extreme fringes of political thought, not a good place for ordinary people to be (does not matter which country). I don't doubt that there is some truth in what is being promulgated by Tarpley (there's always some truth), but probably not enough for most of us to get upset about. As another poster mentioned, if most of this was really true, most of us would be in concentration camps already...

    Just had to throw in my ...I'll probably regret it...

    Isn't that "Alfred E. Neuman"?
    "The thing is, if you carry things beyond normal wariness then you are entering the extreme fringes of political thought, not a good place for ordinary people to be"

    When it comes to governments truth can be stranger than fiction. Let me ask you this, is the government supporting its supposed arch enemy, Al Qaeda, at the extreme fringe of political thought? After 911, the creation of Department Of Homeland Security (the Nazi's invented "Reichssicherheitshauptamt" in a similar fashion. Its almost a literal translation of department of homeland security LOL) and the TSA its a pretty fringe idea that we would be supporting and using Al Qaeda as a tool but its undeniably true beyond the shadow of a doubt. If you wholeheartedly did the research you would be in agreement with most of the things I say.
    America; first we fight for our freedom,
    then we make laws to take it away.

    -Alfred E Newman

  13. #78
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,017
    Quote Originally Posted by LibertyTree View Post
    "The thing is, if you carry things beyond normal wariness then you are entering the extreme fringes of political thought, not a good place for ordinary people to be"

    When it comes to governments truth can be stranger than fiction. Let me ask you this, is the government supporting its supposed arch enemy, Al Qaeda, at the extreme fringe of political thought? After 911, the creation of Department Of Homeland Security (the Nazi's invented "Reichssicherheitshauptamt" in a similar fashion. Its almost a literal translation of department of homeland security LOL) and the TSA its a pretty fringe idea that we would be supporting and using Al Qaeda as a tool but its undeniably true beyond the shadow of a doubt. If you wholeheartedly did the research you would be in agreement with most of the things I say.
    Generally speaking, the concept that the USA government was involved in 9-11 and or is in cahoots with alqueerda is considered very, very fringe ideas. Muslims might buy it at a 50% ish rate, they have a popular theory that the jewish 'pigs and dogs' did it to make them look bad, or the CIA did it to excuse infiltration into muslim lands.

    Here is what actually is going on: A large diverse element of islam is at war with the USA and allies. It is about that simple.
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event