Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    You can get bulbs designed for the coil, but their function is going to be to keep the coil clean and mutate anything that gets trapped on the coil. Air stream bulbs should have some sort of collector plate, like carbon, that will attract bacteria, viruses, etc and hold them so the bulb can do its job. For air quality (purification), I would put one of these in the return first. For clean coils and efficiency I would put one inside the A coil. Best case scenario, one of each with an IQ Air installed for top of the line filtration and purification.

Does anyone have any suggestions on which uv bulbs to carry? Still trying to feel this one out.

Very nice .....How long did the job take?
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Thumbs up

I like.
    The more you know, the more you realize how much you don't know.

Nice work. Not a big fan of tape and purple primer but nice. I was always told to install uv light close to coil for it to work. Also that filter wont last a year with uv next to it. Most of your bacteria will form on the evap

Great looking job!

Nice and neat. A+. Did they in fact use a bender outside or 90's?

I hate using one more joint than I have to, but the the guys I work with think it's faster. They are certainly right if left to me, but I'm wondering if bending is becoming a lost art because it's easier to braze in a bunch of 90's and 45's?

Quote Originally Posted by trouble time View Post
    Nice work.
    I wish humidifier companies would make a small junction box for the low voltage wiring.
    Solder and Heat Shrink is your friend on this one. Makes for a nice clean install.

all the bends are with tubing benders. i only like 2 joints outside and 2 inside. maybe 6 total if installing LLFD

Nice work Gravity!

Do you buy your turning vanes prefabbed? If so where do you you get them?

Thanks
    -Mark
    RSES CM Member
    NCI Certified Air Balancer and CO/Combustion Analyst
    NATE Senior technician - Energy efficiency analyst and 7 other NATE Service certifications

Never stop learning!

Quote Originally Posted by gravity View Post
    all the bends are with tubing benders. i only like 2 joints outside and 2 inside. maybe 6 total if installing LLFD
    Very nice.

the vane rails are pre-made. i rolled the actual vanes themselves. my brain aint working to well so i cant recall the manufacturer

nice change out, the condensate piping looks very nice as well. I don't like to prime further than the pipe goes in to the hub but it looks good. Those are elbows on the lineset correct? If you don't have a bender or pipe expander you should def invest in one. They are the two best tools I ever bought, it will pay for itself in no time with not needing fittings and it is much easier to weld one side of a joint than two

all of the bends in the tubing are done with benders. there are not fittings in that system.

metal tape

Quote Originally Posted by jnsrose View Post
    Diitto on the tape. If it's a must, Why not use the silver without the red lettering? Job looks great. Have you been using the UV lights long? I have used them a lot in commercial but not so much in resi. I have seen a lot of brands with there own version of uv lights popping up at different supply houses. Keep up the good work.

In maryland and va area the tape has to be ul listed or it can fail inspection

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast