Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 13 of 26

Thread: Why do we help?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,952

    Why do we help?

    We do things like send troops to Libya. We were ivolved to some extent in ousting Egypts leader. We now seem determined to have Assad overthrown in Syria. I just dont understand why we are so involved? Especially when the people that end up taking over the country probably hate us even more than the ones who were running it. No matter what we do or how much money we spend these countries seem hell bent to hate us anyway.It would be like helping some guy who fell down get up and then he hits you in the face. I'm certainly no Ron Paul supporter and think isloationism is more dangerous, but why are we so involved with people that hate us either way? Let them duke it out. We got our own problems. I actually think they would hate us less if we just mind our own business.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,656
    I don't think you'll see the same sort of thing in Syria as forceful actions are going to get vetoed in the security council by Russia.

    That doesn't mean, however, that sanctions cannot be imposed by individual countries. Rest assured that the US is not the only nation considering those moves.

    The why is simple. No one likes to see governments abusing and murdering its citizens.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Columbus Ohio
    Posts
    1,980
    Because if you let your enemies obtain too much power they will kill you one day.

    That's the plain and simple of it.
    UA LU189

    10mm, because it's better than .45acp

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    Dacula, GA
    Posts
    12,551
    Quote Originally Posted by scrogdog View Post
    .................................The why is simple. No one likes to see governments abusing and murdering its citizens.
    Well only if it is a Muslim country where the government and or its Muslim citizens are abusing and murdering its non Muslim citizens then it is tolerated like is done in Iran, Iraq and now Egypt.

    Nobody helps them other than say a few words at best objecting to this. Only when the government does this to its Muslim citizens that action is contemplated or done. Thank you very much
    "I could have ended the war in a month. I could have made North Vietnam look like a mud puddle."
    "I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them. It is not to inaugurate new programs, but to cancel old ones that do violence to the Constitution."
    Barry Goldwater

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,894
    Help you ask?

    Thats what the USA's zionist media like to call it. It couldn't be any further from the truth though.

    You see, our idea of help is to over throw foreign governments and wrap out tentacles around their natural resources after installing puppets with strings attached to wealthy globalist financiers that use our American brothers and sisters as goyim ready for slaughter.

    These people in the middle east know exactly who the puppet masters are, and know that America is their muscle.

    Thats why they hate us and will continue to do so.

    The American media would like you to think that they are jealous of our freedom...our way of life...this is nothing but lies.

    People all over the world are getting sick of our strong arm thuggery. Not just in the Middle East, but all over South America and in many parts of Europe.

    We have no friends.

    You think Im wrong?...prove it!
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

    - Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    California/Nevada
    Posts
    3,625
    We do things like send troops to Libya.

    because if we are not involved with the daily activities of all the middle eastern countries, they will return to the only purpose in their life, which is to raise an army and attack Israel.

    that's why we are either attacking or trying to control them with oil trade

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Kaufman county, Texas
    Posts
    10,014
    Quote Originally Posted by zw17 View Post
    Because if you let your enemies obtain too much power they will kill you one day.

    That's the plain and simple of it.
    Good answer ZW.

    I would add this: The USA is trying to prevent Armageddon. If we did not get involved, all poo available would hit the fan over there. It is a matter of our personal interest because those folks generally are sitting on a whole lot of oil. Those that do not actually have oil are in a position to mess with the free distribution. We supported Iraq back in the day when they were a lesser of evils against USSR & Iran. We supported Mubarak in Egypt because he helped keep the peace with Israel. Obama threw him under the bus, I am guessing on moral grounds because he was indeed corrupt, but it kinda screwed up the regional stability. Syria is a major hot-bed of terrorist export. Not as bad as Iran, but very close, and those two are working together. Syria is killing 100/80/100 a day or something like that according to CNN so it is kind of a humanitarian justification to help them out somehow. Iran is building a nuke, and they have threatened the USA with "FIRE" or some such while advocating the elimination of Israel. Libya is irrelevant, but it is good to have Gaddafi gone.

    I know that sounds rambling and confusing. That is the Middle-East and area. Rambling and confusing. They all hate us, and we support them as it trends to our personal preference.

    I don't think we sent troops to lybia.
    Last edited by Tool-Slinger; 02-23-2012 at 06:35 PM. Reason: troops
    "You boys are really making this thing harder than it has to be". Me

    "Who ARE you people? And WHAT are you doing in my SWAMP!?" Shrek

    Service calls submitted after 3PM will be posted the next business day.

    I give free estimates [Wild Ass Guesses] over the phone.

    "I am sorry for interrupting, please continue with your quarreling" Some chick on TV

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Woburn, MA
    Posts
    6,656
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Help you ask?

    Thats what the USA's zionist media like to call it. It couldn't be any further from the truth though.

    You see, our idea of help is to over throw foreign governments and wrap out tentacles around their natural resources after installing puppets with strings attached to wealthy globalist financiers that use our American brothers and sisters as goyim ready for slaughter.
    Your point?

    Seriously, what about the fact that we totally rebuilt Japan and our half of Germany, enacted the Marshall Plan, and forgave billions in debt to our allies? Including Britain who, incidentally, was also forgiven some WWI debt?

    Did that result in some allies? As Palin would say... you betcha. But I fail to see an ethical problem here.

    We fought the British twice... in the American Revolution and the War of 1812. Yet, other than the Aussies, I can not name you a better ally at this time.

    These people in the middle east know exactly who the puppet masters are, and know that America is their muscle.

    Thats why they hate us and will continue to do so.

    The American media would like you to think that they are jealous of our freedom...our way of life...this is nothing but lies.
    I suppose if you want to consider the whole of the non-Russian allied forces in WWII as modern day puppets of the US, I suppose that this argument might hold some weight. As it stands, I prefer to think of it as a grouping of like-minded entities (just like any club or group).

    People all over the world are getting sick of our strong arm thuggery. Not just in the Middle East, but all over South America and in many parts of Europe.

    We have no friends.

    You think Im wrong?...prove it!
    No argument here. The US needs to scale back foreign commitments and ask our allies to start doing a better job of defending themselves and start upping their defense budgets. We can't be the world's police anymore.
    "Social networking" is an oxymoron.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    New Zealand
    Posts
    2,176
    Its about the money, it is always about the money.
    Arms sales are down a bit, cause some unrest, shyte flies, more sales of arms, some to the west and some to the east, all good again.
    I do not see a war against Iran, to big to powerful, maybe a chance more than just a bloodied nose.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    4,369
    Quote Originally Posted by newoldtech View Post
    We do things like send troops to Libya. We were ivolved to some extent in ousting Egypts leader. We now seem determined to have Assad overthrown in Syria. I just dont understand why we are so involved? Especially when the people that end up taking over the country probably hate us even more than the ones who were running it. No matter what we do or how much money we spend these countries seem hell bent to hate us anyway.It would be like helping some guy who fell down get up and then he hits you in the face. I'm certainly no Ron Paul supporter and think isloationism is more dangerous, but why are we so involved with people that hate us either way? Let them duke it out. We got our own problems. I actually think they would hate us less if we just mind our own business.
    Ron Paul is not an isolationist, he believes in trading with any country. And believes in an strong american defense system, so no one would even dare attack us.

    Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    Florida Panhandle
    Posts
    4,369
    Quote Originally Posted by coolwhip View Post
    Help you ask?

    Thats what the USA's zionist media like to call it. It couldn't be any further from the truth though.

    You see, our idea of help is to over throw foreign governments and wrap out tentacles around their natural resources after installing puppets with strings attached to wealthy globalist financiers that use our American brothers and sisters as goyim ready for slaughter.

    These people in the middle east know exactly who the puppet masters are, and know that America is their muscle.

    Thats why they hate us and will continue to do so.

    The American media would like you to think that they are jealous of our freedom...our way of life...this is nothing but lies.

    People all over the world are getting sick of our strong arm thuggery. Not just in the Middle East, but all over South America and in many parts of Europe.

    We have no friends.

    You think Im wrong?...prove it!
    Couldnt have said it any better, its sad that most are so uneducated about the real causes.

    And then you get stuff in srogs post about WWII, Germany and Japan......I hate to have to tell.....the America that helped in those days....



    No Longer Exists




    Roy
    "The perfect Totalitarian State is one where the political bosses, and their army of managers, control a population of slaves, who do not have to be coerced, because they love their servitude"

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Location
    SE Michigan
    Posts
    17,894
    "And then you get stuff in srogs post about WWII, Germany and Japan......I hate to have to tell.....the America that helped in those days....

    No Longer Exists"


    Agreed Roy!
    " Kill a Commie for Mommy! "

    - Colonel David Hackworth (1930-2005), Korean War Vet

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Posts
    3,952
    Quote Originally Posted by barbar View Post
    Its about the money, it is always about the money.
    Arms sales are down a bit, cause some unrest, shyte flies, more sales of arms, some to the west and some to the east, all good again.
    I do not see a war against Iran, to big to powerful, maybe a chance more than just a bloodied nose.
    I agree that its usually about the money. But lately I'm getting confused on why we are attacking or supporting who we are. Thats why I feel we should just stay home more and let them work it out for themselves. They resent us either way so why bother?

    I dont think there are many in America that feel Iran is too big or powerful. I think that many in America are just getting tired of attacking anything that moves. If we decide to take on Iran we could easily do to them what we did to Iraq or Afganistan. Sure, some other countries might object but would do nothing to stop us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Comfortech Show Promo Image

Related Forums

Plumbing Talks | Contractor Magazine
Forums | Electrical Construction & Maintenance (EC&M) Magazine
Comfortech365 Virtual Event