5th teacher arrested in LAUSD

2 full time teachers have been charged with child molestation and 3 sub teachers have been charged with inappropriate sexual acts.
    (the 4th sub teacher was female)

the LAUSD claims they fired 850 teachers "who shouldn't be in classrooms" last year

1) i don't believe the LAUSD fired 850 teachers.
    2) if they did fire 850 there were probably subs or other minor roles.
    3) if they did fire 850 they might have been people with criminal infractions.

California (and other parts of America) has been going crazy with background checks.
    background checks are now based on arrest records.
    if you have an infraction and the judge says it's not a big deal and gives you a couple of days community service, ...due to NCIC companies have access to arrest records and they label you a big-timne criminal ...and deny employment.

if LAUSD fired 850 people , they probably purged honest people who had minor arrest records.
    since technology doesn't solve crime, they probably can't figure out why the child molesters sail under the radar.

If they "fired" 850, what the hell does that say about the public school system? Or the vetting process to say the least. If the teachers are that f'ed up in the public schools, who are they hiring in universities? And you wonder why Johnny can't read, but he knows where Jane can get a free abortion...........He can't read the free pamphlet they give him, but he knows who to see about his transgender disorder......If he needs a job he's screwed, but a condom or birth control pill is no problem.....Great job
    Tough times don't last...Tough people do.

Midnight Sun Astrophotography

Quote Originally Posted by tunnel_rat View Post
    If they "fired" 850, what the hell does that say about the public school system? Or the vetting process to say the least. If the teachers are that f'ed up in the public schools, who are they hiring in universities? And you wonder why Johnny can't read, but he knows where Jane can get a free abortion...........He can't read the free pamphlet they give him, but he knows who to see about his transgender disorder......If he needs a job he's screwed, but a condom or birth control pill is no problem.....Great job
    My wife was a school teacher when we first got married. She taught reading at a public school for kids that have had disciplinary problems in the "normal" public schools. She oftn talked about the classroom antics and the kids ALWAYS fighting in class. These "kids" were between the ages of 15 to 20 years old and grades 9 thru 12. When I actually looked at her lesson plan and saw the reading level that she was teaching HIGH SCHOOL students I was sick!!! Literally the "See dick run" books taught in kindergarten! How are these kids in high school and 100% illiterate!?! My wife told me that the teachers would pass them so they didnt have to deal with them again! I felt that every teacher that ever promoted them to a higher grade should have been held accountable with their job!! She said they were untouchable because the teachers union protected them blaming the students poor behavior!! This is unacceptable in this day and age!!

Yea, makes you sick is right.....School isn't about teaching in order to have a more intelligent population anymore. It is about creating good little passive liberals who will tow the line for the State. Don't make waves, and stay in line. We'll give you some food stamps and a lick and a prayer. We know what's best for you after all.....We went to Haaarrrvaaard. FTS...

My wife has since started teaching at a private christian school were my oldest son attends. She took a big cut in pay, benifits and there is no pension, but those werent the reasons she started teaching in the first place.

"We went to Haaarrrvaaarrrd" DITTO. FTS...

Quote Originally Posted by GAacTech View Post
    My wife has since started teaching at a private christian school were my oldest son attends. She took a big cut in pay, benifits and there is no pension, but those werent the reasons she started teaching in the first place.

"We went to Haaarrrvaaarrrd" DITTO. FTS...
    Good for you all...sure you'll be better off all around. People don't get into teaching to get rich, they do it because they care...we need alot more like that. Schools is where they get to the next generation, they need a continuing supply of dependants on gov't. Without that, they are no longer needed.............