Garland Pizza Ovens sooting- Model GPD60

Gas co stopped out and ovens were checked for CO and there was none... A good bit of sooting. Looks like I am going to have to take the right side panel off to see anything. In the burner compartment is what looks like a pressure tap and it is plugged, but it looks like a weird looking plug. Where is the best place to check the gas pressure on one of these?

I found a parts list and it looks like the gas valve is the regulated type, so no external pressure regulator is required. Would that be correct?
    Anything else I should be looking for?

I asked the guy and he said it's been like that for years.... one pizza is ok and the next one burns....

Thanks
    "Delay is preferable to error"- Thomas Jefferson

I would ensure the burners are clean. Then, I would ensure the flame looks good. It should be blue. Also, check the flame diverters and ensure they are in place and don't need replacing. Check the burner orifices, too. You didn't say how it was vented, but check the venting if it is a direct vent. There should be a pressure tap downstream from the gas valve on the manifold. The manual calls for 6.0” W.C. If you're getting yellow flames, you will need to adjust the air mixture.

The questions you ask are very basic in nature. This seems not to be your usual type of work. With that being said it sounds like a primary air issue but could be a combination of things.

Your not sure where to check the pressure? Really?

venting and info

The oven is vented indirectly to a vent hood system. The nature of my questions was to eliminate wasting time trying to open different panels till I locate the right one where the controls and stuff are. I am not familiar with all types of cooking equipment, but if I know where everything is located and I have a pretty good idea of how it is supposed to work, I can usually fix it. I'm trying to save time for me and the customer.

I saw on the name plate it calls for 6" wc.

I do appreciate the info guys.... Thanks!
    "Delay is preferable to error"- Thomas Jefferson